::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2002, 12:53 AM   #1
thatguyX

F*cking Windex

awww geeez ok, so here's the story, about a week ago i used some armoral to clean my dash. SH*T some of it got on my windshield, so i tried and i tried to wipe, but it left that lil chemical residue that you can notice in the right light, or it gathers when there's fog. well i went to a&p that night and bought some windex spray, the foamy kind. i figured it would work well the can said it would. so i used it on the inside. apparently that worked. just today (about a week later) i notice these lil blotches on my windsheild thinking it was just from my washers, but noooOOooOO finally got fed up and realized that i had the windex stuff still in my trunk. well lo and behold i decide to use it on the outside windshield. OMFG it leaves these f*cking streaks which are unbarable, and when the wipers go it makes visibility half of what it used to be.

please tell me i didnt ruin some kind of coating with this windex foamy stuff, or that it's gonna leave chemical residue FOREVER. please tell me how to get my whole windshield inside and out, back to the clear beauty that it was before!
Old 06-20-2002, 01:07 AM   #2
gee

dang that sux... wat kinda armorall u using?

i use that sheet kinda that looks like baby wipes... when it gets on my windshiled.. i use my windex (vinegar all surface) to clean it up... havent come across any probs.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:09 AM   #3
94AccordEx-R

that's weird....
just try water man, maybe that'll get rid of it...?!?!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:15 AM   #4
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yeah try again, but change the wipes often, cause some of the wax will go on the wipe and when you clean it will put it all over the windshield. i use eagle vision 20/20 for my windows and it cleans them so well that if i touch the window you will see the grease spot

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 09:57 AM   #5
cutiepy701

Yah, I hate when that happens.....use soap and water on your window and it will come right off, like palmolive or dove. At least it worked for me
Old 06-22-2002, 06:02 PM   #6
blind34_1

Umm...take it to a good oil change place or pro car wash that does Aquapel treatments. They'll wash down your windows (inside too, if you ask them specifically) and then they'll treat the ext. of your windshield with stuff that is 10x better than RainX. That should work. Doesnt cost much, I think the place I work at charges 12.99 for aquapel, and the extra labor is free.
blind34_1 is offline   Reply With Quote