::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2003, 05:35 PM   #1
civic3x98

De-grease

You know how under the hood over time crap builds up. Grease and dirt and other stuff. I have a 98 Civic Ex. After 2 days the underhood part is white again, everywhere that I could reach I cleaned. Did in the space between the door and body (not sure if that makes sense). Put son of a gun on the rubber that seals the door to the body, on the moon roof seal. Car looks better and feels better to drive lol.

Only thing is i hear a strange noise coming from the engone bay in the area of the belts. But cant identify it yet.

Anyway, not much of a point in this, just felt like typing something
Old 04-10-2003, 12:55 AM   #2
drdingo21

I used Simple Green, its a great degreaser...All i did was sprayed it all over my engine bay with the car off, let it work for about 5 minutes and washed it off. Worked great. However, some where water must have got in, because after i drove it (like an hour later) when i floored it the car would bog out and die...but after like 3 hours all was fine again
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 09:31 AM   #3
civic3x98

So you can spray the simple green anywhere, even on the wires and it wont hurt anything (least till after it dries)? So if you spray the whole engine bay, thats a lot of area, tubes, pipes, ect. Do you use an air gun or something to clean it all?
Old 04-10-2003, 01:21 PM   #4
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

SIMPLE GREEN

Quote:
Originally posted by civic3x98
So you can spray the simple green anywhere, even on the wires and it wont hurt anything (least till after it dries)? So if you spray the whole engine bay, thats a lot of area, tubes, pipes, ect. Do you use an air gun or something to clean it all?

Don't go nuts with it. Don't spray it in any electronics. And don't use high pressure water. Just a garden hose with no attachment and trickle it all off.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:20 PM   #5
civic3x98

So you dont have to do any scrubbing? just spray on and trinkle off?
Old 04-10-2003, 04:00 PM   #6
drdingo21

i sprayed everything. And i mean everything under the hood, it took me about 5 minutes to spray everything and i let it set and then i washed it off with a garden hose. No scrubing, and the only problem i had was the bogging out but after the water dried everything was fine. make sure the engine is cool.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote