Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2003, 08:56 AM   #1
msvtec14

What do you think?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77479,00.html

What do you guys/girls think of these? Which one do you like?Just wondering.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:02 AM   #2
juvenile

This one definately!
Old 02-05-2003, 10:59 AM   #3
firstgeardude

they're both horible.. but if i had to pick one.. it'd be this one

Old 02-05-2003, 11:08 AM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by firstgeardude

Ditto... I'm not too crazy about either design.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 11:11 AM   #5
mt.biker

Quote:

Old 02-05-2003, 11:39 AM   #6
msvtec14

Quote:

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:52 PM   #7
Sol's Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile

This one definately!

That just looks like a mess to me. If I had to pick one, I would have to go with the other one.
Old 02-05-2003, 01:06 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

too sqare with angles. and the other one looks like a wire building.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 06:47 PM   #9
firstgeardude

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14
Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

oh i see

out of all the plans that have been made... (well im guessin that alot of designs were made) these two were the best?? thats pretty horible. None of these two plans would fit in with the city.... hasnt anyone thought of that??? its like building a mansion in a ghetto or an industrial area...
Old 02-05-2003, 06:58 PM   #10
Kyle
elyK

yeah...both ugly...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 07:01 PM   #11
RU_Teg

well i dont like either designs...if it were up to me I think it'd be better to build the twin towers so they look the same way they did before those terrorists flew the planes into them...neither of those designs would look good in the city...pretty messed up, I used to be able to go to my cousins apartment on the 6th floor and see the twin towers at night...city looks kinda empty without them there...
Old 02-05-2003, 07:08 PM   #12
Shot 2 Hel

neither... one looks like a jungle gym and the other looks like one of those quartz rocks
Old 02-06-2003, 08:45 AM   #13
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
neither... one looks like a jungle gym and the other looks like one of those quartz rocks

Yeah, like magic crystals or something that crazy people have...I just don't think the designs are going to look good with the city skyline. I'm sure that everyone went through they're 9/11 stories quite some time ago. I go to N.Y.C at least once every two months. I'm only about an hour and a half away. I went there about 2 months after all had went down to do my Christmas shopping. I usually park in the Battery Park area which is right near the Trade Center. I saw the last standing piece. I believe it was 7 stories or so. I dunno. It was just f*ed up. It was like this huge empty space just lit up with these lights and then this twisted piece of steel just coming up out of the ground. And I can't even describe how many different things that I felt. I can't imagine living in that city and being present for the whole thing.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:31 AM   #14
RU_Teg

Quote:
Yeah, like magic crystals or something that crazy people have...I just don't think the designs are going to look good with the city skyline. I'm sure that everyone went through they're 9/11 stories quite some time ago. I go to N.Y.C at least once every two months. I'm only about an hour and a half away. I went there about 2 months after all had went down to do my Christmas shopping. I usually park in the Battery Park area which is right near the Trade Center. I saw the last standing piece. I believe it was 7 stories or so. I dunno. It was just f*ed up. It was like this huge empty space just lit up with these lights and then this twisted piece of steel just coming up out of the ground. And I can't even describe how many different things that I felt. I can't imagine living in that city and being present for the whole thing.

I was in skool at the time...we watched the whole thing on tv...I felt kind of bad because some of my friends family worked in the world trade center..some were killed...one of my friends father was late to work that day so he was lucky enough to see everything as he walked to work instead of being on time and being in the building at the time...when they let us out of school, we could see the smoke in the sky from the fire and all the way in the bronx we could smell the burning smell for a couple of weeks...
Old 02-06-2003, 11:35 AM   #15
firstgeardude

i was at school also when all this happened... when we got to watch the tv... one tower had already colapsed.. and i saw the second one come down live... i couldnt believe it...
Old 02-06-2003, 11:46 AM   #16
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i dunno... i think they architecs are thinking what is going to be modern in 10 years? because you know thats about how long it will take to rebuild whatever goes there. they cannot use the same style that was considered modern when the first WTC was built. we are a progressing civilisation, i think that these will be like "concept cars" and even though one idea may be picked, it will be made over 100 times till everyone basicaly agrees on it.

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:21 PM   #17
msvtec14

RU TEG, I forgot that you live in NY. When I was down in there it didn't really smell but there was still dust just about everywhere. You know, in all the corners of doorways and stuff. There was one thing that REALLY pissed me off. Is that there were all tourists taking pictures of GroundZero itself. I found it very disrespectful. I'm sure that they just wanted a piece of history. But Damn, don't be trying to take pictured of collapsed builings and the grim people doing search and recovery work. I thought it was disrespectful for all the people that were still in there that lost thier lives. That's like busting into someone's wake and taking pictures Take pictures of the memorials and whatnot. One of my best friends is a firefighter and he was there the day after all went down and his fire chief took pictures. I had the oppurtunity to see them. And I still can't quite find the words to describe them.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:22 PM   #18
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well let me add that's what happens when designers go drunk to work.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 12:36 PM   #19
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
well let me add that's what happens when designers go drunk to work.

Old 02-06-2003, 03:44 PM   #20
RU_Teg

msvtec14, the only time i went to ground zero was in the summer around august...there wasn't much left but yeah your right, there were a lot of tourists and just people who live in NY taking pictures and recording the people working there...I went downtown with a couple of friends of mine and it like didnt hit us until we got there that they weren't there anymore...like its just a big empty space and hard to believe that one time their were 2 towers there filled with people and life...In my media class this week we've been watching videos of how CNN covered the story live on sept. 11 2001...my teacher has shown us different angles of the 2nd plane hit, its like the terrorists knew exactly how to turn the plane and where to hit the building to make it collapse...we also saw a videa shot by a firefighter for the last couple of seconds before the 1st plane hit, the firefighter was about 5 blocks from world trade center and heard the planes engine roar as they picked up speed to smash into the building and caught the plane going down about 5 seconds before hitting the building...pretty sad...
Old 02-06-2003, 03:55 PM   #21
msvtec14

Not that this is relevant to what we're talking about. I know that some of us are against war. Some of us are for it. Whatever. People are different. We'll all have different views. Apparently, there was some big protest at one of the admissions offices for one of the armed forces not too far from me. One of my friends told me that there were all these random people laying around with fake blood all over them and they would try to stop people entering the office. I think that's a bunch of crap.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:03 PM   #22
Shot 2 Hel

its really hard to believe how long its been since all that happened. I remember it like it was yesterday... *goes into flashback*
Old 02-06-2003, 07:06 PM   #23
RU_Teg

Quote:
Not that this is relevant to what we're talking about. I know that some of us are against war. Some of us are for it. Whatever. People are different. We'll all have different views. Apparently, there was some big protest at one of the admissions offices for one of the armed forces not too far from me. One of my friends told me that there were all these random people laying around with fake blood all over them and they would try to stop people entering the office. I think that's a bunch of crap.

Yeah im pretty much against this war...more so because im 17, gonna be 18 in november...the war will probably still be going on by then and I'm more than sure that our government will reinstate the draft again and I will be forced to register for the draft, which doesnt mean im going to war but it could be a possibility...and honestly I wouldn't like to go to war when I dont even know why we're fighting at all...I dont really watch tv so I dont see the news very often and I'm not really interested in what goes on in other countries besides the US and where I'm from, Dominican Republic...
Old 02-10-2003, 09:29 AM   #24
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by RU_Teg
Yeah im pretty much against this war...more so because im 17, gonna be 18 in november...the war will probably still be going on by then and I'm more than sure that our government will reinstate the draft again and I will be forced to register for the draft, which doesnt mean im going to war but it could be a possibility...and honestly I wouldn't like to go to war when I dont even know why we're fighting at all...I dont really watch tv so I dont see the news very often and I'm not really interested in what goes on in other countries besides the US and where I'm from, Dominican Republic...

I'd like to not pay attention to these things but it's hard not to. Yeah, it be great if everyone could just get along. But it's never going to happen. I think that the majority of protesters are @ssholes. Who is anyone to tell another that the way that they think is wrong. And I'm not trying to say the way that they feel or think is wrong but there's no need to disrupt things to prove a point.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:54 AM   #25
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

Quote:
Originally posted by RU_Teg

its goint to be hard for them to get the draft up and going again, i wouldnt wqorry about that

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 09:58 AM   #26
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:

Yup, this pretty much sums it up.