Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2004, 01:34 PM   #1
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

2006 Camaro

What do you guys think? I personally love it! I doubt Chevy would actually do it, but we all can dream can't we.

Sorry if this is a Repost.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:38 PM   #2
Violent Apathy

......I actually kinda like it, and it's rare for me to like a concept the first time i see it, usually has to grow on me. Chevy killing the Camaro made me sad.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:40 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

I agree, I never quite understood exactly why they would just axe it.. Kinda sucks, but oh well.. Hopefully they bring it back better then ever.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:42 PM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Heres a different one.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:55 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

taking a big tip from ford eh
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:59 PM   #6
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Lets hope so, I love the retro styling of both cars.
Old 11-18-2004, 02:52 PM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Mustang, anyone? Damn GM engineers are lazy. The Camaro got killed off for one reason...they weren't selling enough of them. I could see them bringing it back....but hopefully not that one.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:22 PM   #8
Fatal070

I like it but... way to just take Ford's concept... that is pretty retarted...
Fatal070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:23 PM   #9
V8killimports

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
Mustang, anyone? Damn GM engineers are lazy. The Camaro got killed off for one reason...they weren't selling enough of them. I could see them bringing it back....but hopefully not that one.

I saw that a couple days ago in the magazine. That thing is hot as shit.. as long as it looks like that. No 16" shitty rims or anything.. I would make it a limited production car with a 427 pushing 600 hp. I saw one with hideaway lamps too .. those looking fing awesome..
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:11 PM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i like the stang better

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 05:22 PM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I finally saw one in person today and just about blew my load. Those things look even better in person.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 11-18-2004, 05:42 PM   #12
Kyle
elyK

thats pretty damn nice!

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:37 PM   #13
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Are those things photoshopped/artist's drawings or actual concepts? The two on the top don't share some of the body lines of the third pic. Either way...it looks like they let Ford do their work for them.

And Mike...GM bringing back a 427? Keep hoping man. The days of huge power big blocks are over, I think. Even as limited production cars. I could see a limited production run of a Z06 motored car...but I think it's all or nothing with these things. They wouldn't tool up their equipment to produce a limited number unless they planned on a huge price tag...and only die hard morons would pay huge $$$ for a Camaro.

Old 11-18-2004, 06:54 PM   #14
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Either way those are hot as hell. I prefer the stang but fuck what the hell do I know. I would love to see a 427 Limited number big HP car like that....Ford hopefully will do it.....

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:03 PM   #15
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Del Sol
Either way those are hot as hell. I prefer the stang but fuck what the hell do I know. I would love to see a 427 Limited number big HP car like that....Ford hopefully will do it.....

Problem is that big power equals big money. Look at the Ford GT. I mean...it's sticker price is something like $140K, but it kicked the shit of a Ferarri on a road track and will run like a raped ape at the track. But then again...it costs $140K. And even that's a 500hp blown 5.4L DOHC motor. That's about 330c.i. (roughly). Punch it out to 6.0 or 7.0 Liters (7.0 liters being a 427), and you're looking at ridiculous power that most people couldn't handle and surely wrongful death lawsuits would ensue. A great idea that will never happen because hardly anyone in this country knows how to truely appreciate a big power supercar.

Old 11-18-2004, 07:16 PM   #16
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Problem is that big power equals big money. Look at the Ford GT. I mean...it's sticker price is something like $140K, but it kicked the shit of a Ferarri on a road track and will run like a raped ape at the track. But then again...it costs $140K. And even that's a 500hp blown 5.4L DOHC motor. That's about 330c.i. (roughly). Punch it out to 6.0 or 7.0 Liters (7.0 liters being a 427), and you're looking at ridiculous power that most people couldn't handle and surely wrongful death lawsuits would ensue. A great idea that will never happen because hardly anyone in this country knows how to truely appreciate a big power supercar.

It'd still be cool. hahahaha

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:48 AM   #17
IALuder

i like the styling. like mentioned over and over its a ford stolen concept. but still nice looking.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 10:56 AM   #18
V8killimports

Quote:
Are those things photoshopped/artist's drawings or actual concepts? The two on the top don't share some of the body lines of the third pic. Either way...it looks like they let Ford do their work for them.

And Mike...GM bringing back a 427? Keep hoping man. The days of huge power big blocks are over, I think. Even as limited production cars. I could see a limited production run of a Z06 motored car...but I think it's all or nothing with these things. They wouldn't tool up their equipment to produce a limited number unless they planned on a huge price tag...and only die hard morons would pay huge $$$ for a Camaro.

Here is the deal with concepts.. they make them look cool as shit, but once available to the public they look nothing like the concept until you put $15,000 in options in it.

I love the new mustang.. shit, I used to own a 66 stang which has been my favorite car to date. But I just saw a picture of an "off the production line" stang and it looks like ass.

I don't agree about the 427.. I think they could do it, and they would sell every single one.. look at the new 427 cobra.. Why wouldn't they do it? F it.. even a 350.. whatever.. Of course GM is spinning off fords idea.. why wouldn't they?
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 11:44 AM   #19
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

From what I've read.. These are just renders, possibly concepts. According to a couple articles Ive read there are a couple of things:

1- The name is still in the air. Legally Chevy isn't even suppose to use the name Camaro or Firebird/TA names due to stipulations set when the left the Quebec plant. There are rumors that they MAY use the Chevelle name, but most people seem to think the Camaro name will be used somehow.

2- The release of the car is slated for 2007 possibly.

3- Styling is still up in the air. Chevy apparently wants a design that they can sell for 10 years+ and still keep people wanting it. Apparently a "Retro" look isn't really in the plan because they say it doesn't keep sales up like a fresh new look does. (Wonder how the Mustang will do.)

4- The V8 is suppose to be a retuned 6.0L from the Z06. Probably pushing between 320-350 HP.

This is just hear/say and none of it should not be taken too seriously. I'm curious to see what happens. It's weird not having the Mustang vs. Camaro battles any more.

I'm wanting a V8 Pony car, still not sure what yet. I like both cars, but I'm really leaning towards a Mustang right now.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:53 PM   #20
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I was talking to my roommate last night (a former Chevy guy) and apparently these pictures have been circulating for quite some time. I'm talking years...since a little while after the Mustang concept was introduced. That would lead me to believe that there's even less of a chance of production. But even if it was...what would make GM think it would sell better? The people already decided they want something else. Why dump a bunch of money into a program that would just get outsold again?