::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2002, 09:12 AM   #1
Digiti123

Is this a superior alarm?

I know from reading other posts here that the alarm is only as good as the installer. However, I live in the car theft capital, N.Y.C, and I was touted that Clifford alarms are inherently superior to Viper, Prestige,and Python, etc. The prices vary for the Clifford 6000 from $400--$350--$299, Viper is $249, Prestige is $199. Any suggestions would be helpfull because I am at a loss to decide. Thanks.
R.Q.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:22 PM   #2
spoogenet

This thread should probably be moved to 12V & Security forum. At least there you'll get Brandon's attention more easily.

You may want to dig around in the 12V/Security forum for some old threads, I believe that Cliffords have been discussed in relation to Viper, Python, etc. IIRC Clifford is owned by DEI now, but I'm not sure. DEI makes the Viper and Python, I'm not sure about Prestige. DEI is a good alarm company.

The quality of the alarm itself is important, however you are correct that the quality of the installation is also very important. A poorly installed alarm will be easier/quicker to bypass. Bear in mind, though, that an alarm is really just a deterrant, it will not prevent your car from being stolen. It's basically a noise maker with some extra features. A determined theif will get your car if he wants it and the noise won't stop him from taking it. An alarm is better at preventing some joyriding kid, or the novice theif, rather than a pro.

b