::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2002, 04:20 AM   #1
tararan

anyone had an o2 sensor problem?

k about a week ago my car threw a code 1 which is the o2 sensor.. i resetted it and went away for a while.. it went again and this time its code 41 which is primary o2 sensor heater... i talked to some people and some did have the same problem.... anybody around here have this problem? or had it? please help me out. i got a 00 civic EX with greddy turbo kit, Vortech FPR, and missing link, and Apexi WS exhaust... im only boosting 5.5 right now......
Old 01-13-2002, 08:21 AM   #2
thermal
Banning Machine

i have been getting it also. it's not a big deal to me tho. i would just reset my ECU and it will last about a few months before it does it again. u may want to clean the sensor. use a rag damped with hot soapy water.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 10:22 AM   #3
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i know i had some O2 sensor problems last winter but the cvar was under some extended warranty so i did not have to bother with it.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 10:48 AM   #4
Boosted3g

Since you gys are running the Greddy kits i would assume that youa re running rich. That kit has been notorious for running extremely rich, sometimes as rich as 10:1.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:29 AM   #5
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by Boosted3g
Since you gys are running the Greddy kits i would assume that youa re running rich. That kit has been notorious for running extremely rich, sometimes as rich as 10:1.

Gotta save that. i'm still NA. Well for running rich you can foul up the sensor and that will create the problem.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 01:46 PM   #6
tararan

i been running the greddy kit for about 2800 miles.... i think my sensor is fouled already cuz i already cleaned it... torched it and clean it with carb cleaner... rewire all the wires and still the same CEL code 41, primary o2 sensor heater. you guys heard of that o2 simulator? and thanks fo rthe fast replys...
Old 01-14-2002, 03:41 PM   #7
Boosted3g

If it is the socondary o2 you can do a tempory fix in the meantime. Just wrap it with aluminum foil and that will fix the problem but not permantly. I know it sounds half assed and it is but that will keep the light from coming on.