::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2003, 02:06 PM   #1
Afroney

windshield leak

My windshield on my 01 Civic has sprung a leak. I looked at the top seals outside, and it looks like they are starting to peel. So I figure... Hmm this does not seem to be the orginal windshield, I look at the marking on the glass and is says something like "DB" The rear glass on the car says "Honda" on it. The front one is not factory, right guys? Lucky the car is still under warrenty. Im gonna have them replace all the seals, since the stealership probally was the one who screwed the installation up.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:45 PM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

yup take it to a dealership, but they might say "it's not the orignal equipment" or the warranty on this is void because the car was in an acceident. i higly doubt that if the car was repaired by a honda dealer the windshield would ba another brand. just my 2 cents

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 09:49 PM   #3
ohiochica

actually this happens alllllll the time! here is what happens, the car hauler unloads the car and it has a broken windshiled or a crack in it. the dealership then has there glass guys replace teh windshield. it would not be a honda brand because they do not sell honda brand shields, that db brand is probably the same one taht honda has but they put a different name on it. i know for sure that is how acuras are. this is from an acura/ honda tech.

Ohio HST members please read this
ohiochica is offline   Reply With Quote