User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2006, 01:29 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Ummm...whoa

http://kr.movies.yahoo.com/Movie/Med...hp?vod_id=4853

All I gotta say is damn. This flick looks pretty cool. Almost like a Korean "Hero". Check out the trailer...I shall watch it tonight and report back.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:42 AM   #2
dabouncerx24

How much more can they copy from us...even the goddam music in the trailer..

good luck with it GT.
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:13 AM   #3
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabouncerx24
How much more can they copy from us...even the goddam music in the trailer..

good luck with it GT.

Yeah! They took your numbers (at least the Sino-Korean numbers) and some of your characters, too!

Seriously...I'm sure the Japanese were asking this same question around 2000 when every studio in the U.S. was remaking/rereleasing/ruining all of those J-Horror flicks. The sad truth is that no matter how original you try to make a movie, it's probably been done before or at the very least people will draw all kinds of parallels to other movies. But hey...sword fights underwater? That's gotta be worth some points, right?

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 05-08-2006, 02:48 AM   #4
dabouncerx24

Well yea, its worth some brownie points, but being brought up with every other movie being this super-fighting-roof-hopping-hadukening (?) shit, I don't really care much for it anymore.

You cannot believe how mundane "Hero" and "Crouching Dragon" and the such really is to us, the only difference that sets these different from all the other ones in HK/China is the advertisement efforts. Yet these become Oscar winning/nominated films...

Speaking of Asian movies in the US market...has anyone seen the Infernal Affairs series?

SPOILERS ------
What about the K-horror with the two sisters (can't believe I forgot the name)? It's basically about one "sister" lost her younger sister and mom at the same time and became severely traumatized. Her mental condition makes her "become" their stepmom, and she repeatedly reenacts the scene where her stepmom "kills" her younger sister. This is a must watch!! The cinematography is amazing and the story is just killer (uncover the complex twists and you'll know why I have quotes around some of the words up there).
If you guys are interested I'll dig up the name and previews of it and I'll update asap.

Last edited by dabouncerx24 : 05-08-2006 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:54 AM   #5
dabouncerx24

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=6085

found it guys..I'm surprised it's already so popular on the web (US). Just watch it, thats all I can say.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:26 AM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I've seen one of the Infernal Affairs movies (there's like 3 or 4, right?). It was pretty good. Reminded me a lot of Bangkok Dangerous. As for the Two Sisters one...I remember seeing torrents for it a loooong time ago, but never actually watched it. I think somebody I knew had watched it and wasn't too thrilled with it.

Old 05-08-2006, 03:40 AM   #7
dabouncerx24

The intricate story takes a lot of thinking to process, and the directors deliberately tries to cover up the story time and time again (which gets extremely fucking annoying if you're really into it) until the very end, I think that's why your friend (and most other non-fans) of the movie find it bad.
Another thing, it's like subtle-horror/mystery instead of the upright-straight-in-your-face scare you movie like The Ring or The Grudge.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:16 AM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Actually, the same friend downright loathed both of the "Ringu" movies (the two main ones) and all of the "Ju-On" movies. They're all too obvious and lack the subtlety of that horror genre. It's such a shame, too because they had such potential. The capitalization on the success of those films, most notably Takashi Miike's "One Missed Call" (a shame, because he's so fucking awesome) and "Uzumaki" made it clear that the genre should be dead and buried, despite what some Hollywood studios had in mind.

As for Shadowless Sword...while it looks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's definitely not a duck (the duck being "Hero"). Stylistically it's somewhere between "Hero" and "House Of Flying Daggers". That's about where the similarities end. Shocked? You should be...I was. While there is an overuse of wireworks strangely reminiscent of old Jet Li period pieces (if you've ever seen "The Evil Cult", you'll know where I'm going with this), most of the ridiculous wireworks are not used in the fight scenes. Sure, they're there...but people aren't fighting in mid air with swords in hand. The story is more about honor and protection than bout revenge and storyteling. It should also be noted that this movie has a lot more blood than Hero and the lead chick is simply amazingly hot (way hotter than the chick in Hero). While the story's a bit lacking, the battle scenes more than make up for it's flaws. Is it better than Hero? Yes and no. Watch it and you be the judge.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #9
dabouncerx24

I can't torrent here in UCD, so maybe I'll do it when I get home. But Shinobi, one of the rare ones that comes along, will be before it.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:26 PM   #10
thermal
Banning Machine

Steve, you know that sit is already available on that site you told me right.... Too bad I cant DL shit from there......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:06 PM   #11
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermal
Steve, you know that sit is already available on that site you told me right.... Too bad I cant DL shit from there......

Haha...where do you think I found it? That site is just too fucking hardass. Last night I think I broke some kind of torrent record...I was dl'ing at over 900kbps. I rule.

As for your shit getting blacklisted, what BT client are you using? Chances are that your client is trying to connect to common p2p port. They blacklist those ports so people outside the site can't leech. PM me and let me know what client you're using...I'll bet mine is better.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:46 AM   #12
thermal
Banning Machine

I just watched this flick.... Fucking awesome! I dont care what everybody say. It does seem like Hero/Flying daggers knock off. But there is something about it that made it great, IMO.... yeah, part of it is the leading girl...... Time to watch the Duelist.......

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 05-10-2006, 01:22 PM   #13
dabouncerx24

I'm surprised GT or thermal isn't giving much attention to Shinobi....
Old 05-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #14
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

To be honest, Arnel mentioned it to me, but I'd never heard of it and I didn't look into it because just the name reminds me of old school Nintendo games. Looking at it now it kind of reminds me of Azumi.

Old 05-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #15
thermal
Banning Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabouncerx24
I'm surprised GT or thermal isn't giving much attention to Shinobi....
whatya talkin about bro... I already DL'd that shiat... ha ha ha... just finding time to watch it

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
Old 05-12-2006, 11:17 PM   #16
thermal
Banning Machine

hhhmmm... That Shinobi movie is based off the Anime called "Kouga Nimpu"... or vice versa? I loved that Anime.

I just finished watching Shinobi. Another kick ass movie! Blood... Fights... love story... heroism... special effects.... pure ass kickery!

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum

Last edited by thermal : 05-13-2006 at 01:13 AM.