.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2003, 11:25 PM   #1
DsBlu01CivEX

I've realized something this week/weekend

I figured out that guys my age aren't looking for girls that have "awesome" personalities and are average looking. They want hot girls that'll put out. You may be wondering how I came up with this...well don't fret...I planned on telling my story.

Apparently my 2 best friends are hot....and guys feel the need to tell me this on a regular basis like I didn't know it already! But my friends typically want NOTHING to do with these guys, so they talk to me and tell me that I'm really cool and have an "awesome" personality and leave it at that. Now granted I have no interest in these guys either cuz from what I can tell they're just tryin to hook up with whoever they can get and go after the hot girls first and then will settle for the friend if he has to (and they were interested in my friends first....). And yah...I'm soo not like that so they even strike out with the "ugly" one.

So even though guys my age will say that they want a nice girl with a good personality, a sense of humor, blah blah blah....deep down at this age they really aren't looking for that. Cuz these are the same guys that get freaked out over commitment.

And from all of this....I've finally figured out why only older guys (and I'm talkin like 40 yr old guys) are hittin in me.....cuz those are the guys that aren't so much considered with looks and are looking for the girls that they can really get along with (the girls with the "awesome" personalities)

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:43 PM   #2
juvenile

I think you are right on some aspects but I'm just getting off line so I don't have time to make a long post about what I think. I'll get back to this tommorow though..
Old 06-09-2003, 02:02 AM   #3
Grip72

i agree...but honestly, i am prett lackin in the "gettin-some department" lately and i dont' give a shyzent about anyting. I just want a piece and that's that. I mean, if this chick turns out to be cool, i'd be more than willing to start a relationship. but be real with me, why do guys talk to girls in the first place?? You think we're trying to make friends? In a sense we are tryign ot make "friends" but at the same time we talk to attractive ones to, you guessed it, try to get a piece!!
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 01:27 PM   #4
spoogenet

Accord17: Just because you're that way doesn't mean we're all that way......

D, I agree with a lot and disagree with some. Plenty of guys say they want nice girls and think personality ranks tops. Of course usually that's what they want long term....what they want now may be as simple as a good shag from a hot girl. That doesn't mean they're not interested in a good girl with a good personality...they just may not yet be interested in that.

And commitment? Not everybody's looking for that. Personally, I'd like to find a great girl with a great personality, but I'm by no means ready to settle down with a girl and think marriage. Of course part of me would really like that, even now, but I think I'm a little too young (and way too single ) to get into something that serious......but a steady relationship (another commitment) would float my boat and I'd prefer it over any amount of dating various girls.

I think you're just meeting the wrong guys, quite frankly. There are plenty of good guys out there your age, I've known lots of them. They can just be hard to meet....but hanging out with hot chicks isn't going to find you the guys who want no more than a good girl for a relationship.....because hot girls are magnets for guys who want a piece, like Accord17.

It's funny because my mom always told me advice she was given a long time ago. "Hang out with friends uglier than you, that way you're the pretty one."

b
Old 06-09-2003, 09:05 PM   #5
DsBlu01CivEX

By no means am I looking to settle down and get married anytime soon. I was just sorta stating the fact that even the guys that my girls and I are really really good friends (you know the types that are like our brothers....the word every guy friend hates to hear!) say that they are lookin for girls with good personalities, but they'll still tell me how hot Erin and Missy are....I just find it ironic that they say one thing and do another. but I guess you get that everywhere in life.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:09 PM   #6
90civiclxryder

a hot girl is good, but i cant stand to be with a girl if she has a terrible personality for too long. id say personality plays a part with girls for me
Old 06-09-2003, 11:15 PM   #7
Grip72

Quote:
what they want now may be as simple as a good shag from a hot girl. That doesn't mean they're not interested in a good girl with a good personality...they just may not yet be interested in that.

That is more or less what i was TRYING to say. (that was at like 3am i think..lol). So here is what i meant, i am definately NOT 'looking' for a long-term relationship right now because it wouldn't work for me. I am going to school in less than 3 months and i just want to have fun. I see my friends that have gf's and alot of the time they are always arguing and fighting. So, in other words, i am looking for attractive chicks to, well, get some, and if something else happens to sprout due to a good personality, then so be it!
Man, this is not coming out how i want it to, i hope ya'll know what i'm getting at.(?)
Old 06-10-2003, 12:42 AM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

that's why you have a right hand. use it and make sire you won't go blind

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:50 AM   #9
mylittlecivic

I think you are pretty D these guys dont know what they're missing

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:44 AM   #10
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
By no means am I looking to settle down and get married anytime soon. I was just sorta stating the fact that even the guys that my girls and I are really really good friends (you know the types that are like our brothers....the word every guy friend hates to hear!) say that they are lookin for girls with good personalities, but they'll still tell me how hot Erin and Missy are....I just find it ironic that they say one thing and do another. but I guess you get that everywhere in life.

Well if they're like your brothers, I'd hope you're not trying to get with them...

Nothing wrong with a guy thinking/saying that a girl's hot. Thinking a girl is hot is totally irrelevant to what he wants. Hey I see hot chicks all the time, and I may make comments about them, but that doesn't mean I just wanna go shagging hot chicks and don't care about a girl with a good personality. Now if I could just go around shagging hot chicks and also have a girl with a good personality....aaaaahhhh the bliss.

I think this is all just part of a bigger problem. I've been starting to believe for some time now that there aren't any good girls anywhere near my age. I hear lots of guys complaining of the same problems. But then I hear lots of girls complaining there aren't any good guys....then again girls have b*tched about that for many years. And it's total crap, there are plenty of good girls and guys out there, the problem is we're just not meeting them.

The players are on the field, so if you're out having some fun on the field chances are you'll meet the players. The question I still haven't figured out yet, is where do I meet the good ones? Staying at home a lot probably isn't the key.

b
Old 06-10-2003, 02:08 PM   #11
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
The players are on the field, so if you're out having some fun on the field chances are you'll meet the players. The question I still haven't figured out yet, is where do I meet the good ones? Staying at home a lot probably isn't the key.

b

Oh yeah, didn't you know, it's a secret and only those deemed worthy of such knowledge are the fortunate ones.

Apparently I'm not one of them either.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:22 PM   #12
Shot 2 Hel

In my opinion no matter how hot a chick is... if she is a ***** then it dosent matter
Old 06-10-2003, 09:15 PM   #13
DsBlu01CivEX

Here's my take on "finding good guys/girls" and where they all hang out. It's not like there is one spot that all the good guys and girls hang out at...if so THAT would be bliss...it would make it a hell of a lot easier on a lot of us! I look at it like looking for a job once you have your degree....whats one of the easiest ways to get a job in your field???? NETWORKING with those people with the same interests. So basically if your gonna be looking for nice girls and guys, what you need to do is continue doing the things you like to do (sitting at home is getting you no where with meeting a nice girl....unless of course a 22 yr old girl scout comes to your door selling cookies). If you like sports...join a co-ed team of your fav sport (not saying that one of your teammates will be "the one" but they'd be able to introduce you to someone)....basically all I'm sayin is we just all need to either get ourselves out there, continue what we are doing and one will come along, or expand our horizons and try new things.

Easier said then done yes I know. I'm good at givin the advice...but for me to take my own.... :o

Oh and Anna THANKS! you're gorgeous too...so stop sayin your not!

Old 06-10-2003, 10:52 PM   #14
juvenile

Well I rememberd this thread and came back. spoogenet that bastard stole all the good parts I wanted to say haha. But I'm kind of stuck int he whole "where do I meet the nice girls" stage too. The ones that I do meet, there's always some complications. Bah.

So D, you're coming to my place tonight right? I have everything setup, just give me a call before you come over, I'll open the door for ya!
Old 06-11-2003, 02:51 AM   #15
Grip72

juvenile...tsk tsk....stop fronting man, we know your gay

JFWY man...
Old 06-11-2003, 05:18 AM   #16
CavalierVL

I have a girlfrined right now, and even though she is (and she admits this), in my opinion, fairly....slow.... I still love her to death, even though I have recently found out that I actually do like girls that can catually think about something other than shoes, hair, makeup, clothes etc... A little late for me, since we've been going out over a year now and I'm stuck with her and I'm glad. So not all guys look for the hotness in girls, some (like me) get hooked on their personalities.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:21 AM   #17
spoogenet

I think we had covered some of this in a previous thread, the hot/cute/pretty stuff.....but to me a big portion of a girl's physical attractiveness is closely linked to her personality, expressions, and mannerisms. How she says things, little facial expressions, reactions, etc. It takes knowing a girl for that, though.

I do the things I like, but unfortunately a lot of what I like involves being home. I do go mountain biking a lot, but so far I've barely even seen any girls who aren't there with a guy, much less met any of them.

b
Old 06-12-2003, 08:56 PM   #18
DsBlu01CivEX

you're not an extremely social person are ya B? It's funny all the stuff you like to do is at home, but the one sport that you listed that you like to do is an individual sport. Hmmm...I think you need to take up a group sport or something. I was thinking about joining Big Brothers/Big Sisters or something like that just to get to know more people and you get to hang out with kids that need someone to look up to. I think that'd be fun....

Old 06-13-2003, 10:13 AM   #19
spoogenet

Sounds like you know me pretty well already. I'm not super social or anti-social. I really don't like large groups, but I'm more social with close friends and small groups (like 2-4 peeps).

I wouldn't exactly call mtn. biking an individual sport. It's not a team sport, but I rarely end up riding alone as well....although sometimes I must because people are slacking fools and don't always want to hit the trails. It can be social or non-social, kinda like running but a whole helluva lot more fun.

I'm not that big into team sports and stuff.....I hate baseball, basketball, and football. Soccer is fun but my knees don't need any more stressful sports.

I like to watch movies, play video games, cook, bake, drink, hang out with friends, and shop. But I don't like to drink much in public. Pretty simple....but the girls I'm looking for are probably at home doing similar things.

Good thing I'm half content being single.....for now......

b
Old 06-13-2003, 11:23 AM   #20
Shot 2 Hel

what do you mean being half content
Old 06-13-2003, 02:17 PM   #21
Grip72

that's the total opposite of me. I'm ALWAYS with people. I go crazy if i'm not around people for a 4 hours or so. But somedays i can be totally content watching a movie by myself or working out or something. But mostly i love being around people and just chilling.
Old 06-15-2003, 10:16 PM   #22
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by Shot 2 Hel
what do you mean being half content

half-content=ok with being single at this point....like it doesn't totally bother him that he's still single for his age. But getting into a relationship wouldn't bother him either if it would happen (thats what I'm assuming he meant but it, cuz that's what I would mean by saying it, ironically enough I would have put it the same way)

I guess I called mt biking an "individual" sport cuz you're the only one on the bike...I didn't take into consideration other riders. Why don't you join a mt. biking team/club? That would get you meeting new people.... just a thought...

Old 06-16-2003, 07:47 AM   #23
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
half-content=ok with being single at this point....like it doesn't totally bother him that he's still single for his age. But getting into a relationship wouldn't bother him either if it would happen (thats what I'm assuming he meant but it, cuz that's what I would mean by saying it, ironically enough I would have put it the same way)

I guess I called mt biking an "individual" sport cuz you're the only one on the bike...I didn't take into consideration other riders. Why don't you join a mt. biking team/club? That would get you meeting new people.... just a thought...

Yup, you hit the nail on the head.

Yeah I should check around for any clubs around here. I don't really think there are any, but there could be.

b
Old 06-17-2003, 07:14 PM   #24
02_Si
2nd Gear

Man, forget going out and looking for a chick... when I meet a girl, I want to meet her where I hang out... then I know she's into the same stuff as me. When I meet girls, I don't even bother if she's not into what I'm into... however, it's ok to have disagreements.. but to go out to places you wouldn't normally go just to "look for" a girl.. that sounds kinda desperate to me... just beee yourself... Like the B-series engine, man... some people hate 'em... some love 'em. But I won't fake myself to please someone.. and that includes the things I like doing. I hear a lot of chicks complain about how every guy dicks them over... honestly, I think it's stupid... because you'll never find "the one" until you've found him/ her... if they're not "the one" then of course you're going to break up with him/ her, otherwise, they'd be "the one"... I don't know how to explain this on text but it all makes sense in my head...
Old 06-30-2003, 04:18 PM   #25
Zybach

DsBlu01CivEX I think it all depends on what a guy looks for in a girl. Some guys what a girl they can go down on real quick. Some want a housewifish girl that can cook and clean for him. Other want a wife whose domineering or subdued. Unfortunately like you've stated there are more guys who just want a girl to put out.

I guess what you have to do is be consistent with your interactions. Show the world all you have to offer, say to it this is me, what you see now is the same thing you will see 10 years down the road. No more, no less. And the people who are looking for what you have to offer and feel the same way you do will eventually come to you.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:57 PM   #26
ShagginJet

By the time I've read all this I'm too disgusted to make a comment. People need to stop being fake and putting up a front, I'm tired of all the BS in the world. Let's be ourself and shit.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:06 PM   #27
Kyle
elyK

you know what i've noticed...people that i'm not the slightest bit attracted to want to get with me...and it pisses me off...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 10:13 AM   #28
DsBlu01CivEX

Kyle I typically have the same problem....I normally have guys that are old enough to be my father hitting on me....and sure I like older guys, but NOT that older!

and shaggin jet....I don't know who you were talkin about, but I've never put up a front in my life. The person you see on here is the same person you'd see if you'd meet me in real life...I am who I am, and I'm not ashamed of that. I just do my thing how I wanna do it and if you don't like it....then you don't need to be around me. I have this feeling that people are gonna think what they wanna think about you no matter how much you try to persuade them otherwise. And I'm not about to waste my time trying to make them think I'm a great person....I'll spend my time with the people that already know that I am and treat me the way I deserve to be treated.

Old 07-02-2003, 02:16 PM   #29
ShagginJet

I figured you were that type of gal already. I'm assuming that most of the people here are that type of person. My problem is in the LA "scene". There is so much BS going on that it's a bit of a challenge to find a decent gal. Good news is that it's not hard to get laid, if that's what you're into. Getting laid is only good so many times, eventually you'll want someone for more then just ****ing.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 12:32 PM   #30
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
you know what i've noticed...people that i'm not the slightest bit attracted to want to get with me...and it pisses me off...

True, that can be kind of disappointing, but sometimes you've got to take it as a compliment either way.

And I've know times when I've been on the other end as well.

Last edited by Whiteclipse99 : 07-03-2003 at 12:36 PM.
Whiteclipse99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 01:07 AM   #31
Wabster

She's attracting the wingman
Old 07-04-2003, 12:00 PM   #32
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabster
She's attracting the wingman

I feel bad for the wingman....but at one point in time or another I think that all of us have been or will be "the wingman(or woman)"....

Old 07-15-2003, 08:45 AM   #33
cjblade54

Well, I think those guys who aren't ready to settle down are maybe looking for hot girls that are willing to put out. And you know what they say, girls mature faster than guys.... maybe girls in your age are ready for long term commitement but the guys with the same age aren't ready yet. But the same time, it doesn't really apply to everyone.