Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2005, 06:29 AM   #1
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Gay vs. straight

Please note: Religion has no place here. I don't care if you want to wax theological...this isn't the place to do it. This is simply an idea of biological vs. environmental factors. If you inject theological beliefs, I will regard you as a complete and biased moron since such things have nothing to do with religion.

With that in mind...what do you think? Is homosexuality a result of brain activity (not necessarily genetic, but mental in nature) or is it the product of a personal choice? I've seen a few studies in psychology/human sexuality classes that suggest people of homosexual tendencies do, indeed, have different chemical signatures and different brainwave patterns that those of heterosexuals. Then again, I've also know quite a few people who have lived on one side of the fence and jumped over at some point in their life. Plus, I can see the psychology involved in an environmental explanation. But it's not up to me...it's up to you. Is homosexuality something you're born with or something acquired during your formative years?
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:16 PM   #2
IALuder

well im not sure, but i would say both. some people are born with it. while others turn to it after things that occur in their life. but what about the people who are bi-curious? they arent a mental issue, they just like to have both.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I've hung out with totally straight guys before...and they were my friends, then they got into the rave scene..started doing drugs and then decided they were gay cause they got with some other guy when they were completey fucked out of their minds. Then because it was a trend to be gay (I think) they stayed that way...or were bi-sexual...it seemed though, ever time they got with a guy they were completely fucking cracked out and couldn't tell their asshole from a hole in the ground.

I feel homosexuality has no....evolutionary advantage as human beings either.

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:39 PM   #4
CD5Passion

well you have to think what if those people who had lived heterosexual for that long in their life and just jumped over, could their heterosexuality been just a way for them to fit in? I mean still homosexuality is generally not accepted amongst a good amount of people
the guy who hooked me and my (now) ex up claimed to be heterosexual for the longest time, but there was something very strange about him and we both could see it. eventually he broke down and told us he liked guys..and this after he had a girlfriend (which he said was just a cover up)
I can certainly say that homosexuality has become the "in" thing within the past years, what with all the tv shows with it.
all jokes aside I've hung out a few gays (male and female both) and sometimes they are much cooler than those muscle head macho dudes, and certainly a lot more intelligent haha
Old 02-14-2005, 06:52 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

There are no gay animals. The brain is programed for reproduction.
Gay is a thing created by society. Those that are gay are either just trying to fit in a different style of society, or they have serious brain issues.
My opinion
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:58 PM   #6
CD5Passion

have you ever had your leg humped by a male dog?
Old 02-14-2005, 06:59 PM   #7
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
There are no gay animals. The brain is programed for reproduction.
Gay is a thing created by society. Those that are gay are either just trying to fit in a different style of society, or they have serious brain issues.
My opinion

Well...animals are not technically gay...but spend a summer on a horse farm and you might think differently. Man...that was one disturbing summer. And actually...there's a decent info page on Rotten.com about just that subject. It can be found HERE . I've got a few theories on the origins of a person's homosexuality...but most are too long to go into here.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 02-14-2005, 07:03 PM   #8
CD5Passion

also in the argument of not seeing animals partaking in the these activities..how many animals do you see building jets, cars, computers, or even in this case being able to operate a doorknob or pull a trigger of a gun. we as humans are a lot more "sophisticated" than animals. just a thought
Old 02-14-2005, 07:56 PM   #9
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

yeah, but animals dont do it for sex, they do it to show dominance.
Just because we make jets and houses means we get the want to stick our dicks in another dude's ass? Naaahhh. Humans are the only ones with psychological issues....because we create them.

Also, I am in the firm belief that we come not from apes or standard chimps, but from a certain kind called Bonobos. They have tons of sex, jerk off all the time and are constantly at war with other orgainized tribes. Oh, and they also walk upright regularly.
(sorry sorry...getting way off topic)
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:08 AM   #10
mylittlecivic

You cant be born gay, Thats like saying youll be born to marry and certain race or something. Its something people choose later on whether they realize it or not. bah i lost my point now, my brain is completely dead:o

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:33 AM   #11
AzCivic

i bet most who are gay were abused in some way or another growing up.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 01:06 PM   #12
CD5Passion

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
You cant be born gay, Thats like saying youll be born to marry and certain race or something. Its something people choose later on whether they realize it or not. bah i lost my point now, my brain is completely dead:o

that friend of mine I was speaking about who claimed to not be gay but we knew otherwise. he actually was technically born gay. although he has a male body, his mind is that of a female. he had insufficient male hormone, and more female hormone. so he had the outer appearance of a male, but mentally was for th emost part female. he is now female completely.
Old 02-18-2005, 01:48 PM   #13
JDMFantasy2k

Quote:
Originally posted by Gosei_Passion
that friend of mine I was speaking about who claimed to not be gay but we knew otherwise. he actually was technically born gay. although he has a male body, his mind is that of a female. he had insufficient male hormone, and more female hormone. so he had the outer appearance of a male, but mentally was for th emost part female. he is now female completely.

:o well, whatever fuels your vehicle i guess...

anyway, i know a few gay people. Most of them are disgusted by girls and couldn't see themselves being straight. I think it's different for everyone though.
Old 02-18-2005, 03:00 PM   #14
mylittlecivic

well yeah thats what i was gonna mention something about imbalance of hormones that happens people just keep getting born with more and more problems

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 04:21 PM   #15
AzCivic

i'd really like to know if there really is anything like an imbalance of hormones or whatever they say or if its just crap gay people made up to not be rejected, because hey its not their fault if there's an "imbalance".

if there is an imbalance why can't they balance that shit right out w/ some drugs?
Old 02-18-2005, 04:23 PM   #16
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by Gosei_Passion

does he/she still have a Y chromosome?

and why go through all the trouble and expense to change your body to match the chemical imbalance when it'd be a whole lot easier to fix the "imbalance" to match the body?
Old 02-18-2005, 04:37 PM   #17
CD5Passion

because he liked guys, he thought himself as one of the ladies. in my opinion it was a good choice for him.
oh and i don't know about the chromosomes thing, i just know the basics of what he told me
Old 02-18-2005, 04:44 PM   #18
Violent Apathy

Darin, your screen name still sucks.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #19
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Well...preliminary findings in some studies show fairly large differences in the hypothalamus of gay males compared to straight males. I doubt this could be anything other than a condition occuring at birth. In other words, I don't think you decide one day at 18 that you're gay and your hypothalamus suddenly changes. Then again, there haven't really been many studies on the subject, so the validity of such a topic can't really be established. I don't really know which way I would stand on this one, but after all of the research I've read, I'm leaning more towards both. Of course not all gay people were "born that way", but I think it would be ignorant to outright exclude the possibility that a significant number of them are.

Old 02-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #20
CD5Passion

dude your ability to stay on topic sucks..so does your signature