::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2002, 01:22 PM   #1
ShEaNy

Dual Exhaust on An Accord

I was just wondering if its possible to get real dual exhaust on a 2.2L accord...i rolled up on a new cavilier the other day with "dual" and he smoked me! said its all custom..i think he had a 2.2 or 2.4....and i just don't want to "tap" into my single pipe...
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 12:54 AM   #2
azn_nite_ryder

i highly doubt that the cav is a tru dual deal..... (hahah say that 3 times fast)

as for your question.. unless its a V6 or the car has taken an asperated route.. then its absolutely pointless..... there are many factors as to the outcome of that race... auto/stick. current mods...
bottom line is... yes you can but theres no point....
Old 05-23-2002, 02:00 AM   #3
AcCoRd97Lx

well that cavalier probably has a RK Sport exhaust cuz i know that they have a system like that...my homeboy in our crew is thinking bout getting it (click sig)

just like azn_nite_ryder said, its pointless to have one there if ur not a V6...actually it could make u slower because if you slice the pipe into 2, you could lose low end power..
Old 05-24-2002, 11:50 AM   #4
1SweetV6

If you thinking of going to a "true" dual exhaust DO NOT DO IT!!! Some people have that on the V6 and it cause's way to may problems. First he Check Engine light comes on allot. Second they loses ALLOT of low end torque. I know, I have a V6 and I looked into doing that. I went with a cat back duel and lost a bit of low end torque. But I gained MORE Hp at higher RPM's. Some people put a bigger single cat back on the V6. They don't loses as much low end torque BUT they don't gain as much HP in higher RPM's as I do. It's a trade off. If you go FI then a dual might be ok. I'm not sure.
As far as the Cavalier or I4 Accord, you could put a Dual on it, BUT you need small piping. Instead of getting like 2.0 or 2.5 inch you would have to get 1.75 or something like that. Not 100% sure on the size piping. You should be ok that way. I have seen Neon's with a Duel exhaust. It is just the Y pipe split. Just like a stock V6 Accord's, and almost ALL stock V6 car's. Even most V8's are that way, they just have a little bigger piping. That way they keep the noise down but still have a nice sound. Just look under a Mustang and you will see. Hope that helps.
Old 05-24-2002, 05:27 PM   #5
bckwld94acc

mustangs all have true dual exhaust except for v6's, just figured I'd add my 2 cents into this.
Old 05-27-2002, 12:59 PM   #6
AzN4LiFe86

tell me if im wrong but doesn't the 2000 accord Ex come with a stock dual exhaust?
so it must be a true dual exhaust isn't it?
Old 05-27-2002, 04:37 PM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

Quote:
Originally posted by AzN4LiFe86
tell me if im wrong but doesn't the 2000 accord Ex come with a stock dual exhaust?
so it must be a true dual exhaust isn't it?

not it's a y pipe underneath the car after the rear axle of the car. here to make it easier for you i'll put a pic

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 10:27 PM   #8
ShEaNy

AHHH thats y i can beat those things! lol i thought they were fast but nope not that fast....
Old 05-28-2002, 12:05 AM   #9
azn_nite_ryder

try racing the coupes... they are a lot faster... they run 15's stock
Old 05-29-2002, 10:05 PM   #10
ShEaNy

wow..i must try that.....anyone know a turbo brand for my car? lol Jackson is taking to long with the damn SC grrrrr... that'll teach those new accord not to mess wit ME ....
Old 05-30-2002, 12:07 AM   #11
azn_nite_ryder

if im not mistaken FMAX makes them for accords.... come aug i'll have my custom turbo all put in if everything goes to plan....
Old 05-30-2002, 08:42 AM   #12
ShEaNy

Anyone know when Jackson is coming out with the SC for 91 accords? i heard it should be this year.....:o
Old 05-30-2002, 09:18 PM   #13
azn_nite_ryder

i highly doubt they will come out with one.... its not even much in demand....
man... i dont get y they wont make it for our cars....

and if by chance they do come out.. it'll be dirt nasty expensive since its fresh on the market.... like 5g's or something...