::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2002, 04:06 PM   #1
Integrity

Type R takes down Nissan 300ZX

I'm cruising home from work this afternoon when a white Eclipse passes me. I'm driving in the far right lane about to take the ramp to get onto Route 32. While taking the ramp I notice the Eclipse is about 6 cars ahead of me, must have cut over at the last second, and in front of him is a yellow 300ZX. I'm thinking cool, one of them has got to want to run. So I get out on the highway, but I can't do anything yet. The cars in front of me are still in the way, and I don't want to cut anyone off. So I wait, and wait, and wait.........finally I get into the far left lane and take off. By the time I catch up to the two cars, the Eclipse is taking an exit and the 300ZX has picked up two followers. A little Mazda hatch, and an Accord of some kind. So now I'm on the caboose of this train slicing through traffic, and I'm praying that these two idiots in front of me get the f*ck out of my way. Almost on que they both move over to the right. The Z is waiting to get around a car, and I pull up behind him. I'm in third ready to go, when he bolts around the car in front of him. I stay with him without a problem. And I stay behind him, (not on his ass, but behind him) until we hit a light. From a light it was no contest. I destroyed him. He pulls up next to me after I slow down and gives me a thumbs up, I wave back and continue on home.
Old 04-08-2002, 04:11 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Nice kill Was it the turboed 300ZX?

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 06:04 PM   #3
Matrix

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Nice kill Was it the turboed 300ZX?

I think I can safely say: no it wasn't.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:34 PM   #4
juvenile

still a sweet kill though. I love those cars!
And the Type R's too!
And anything that's fast!
Old 04-08-2002, 07:16 PM   #5
Niacin

Good kill.

Max
Old 04-08-2002, 09:03 PM   #6
TruHeel142

I want a type r!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

but a rs is ok for now.... :( I coulda taken that Eclipse, Accord, and mazda hatch!!! But i woulda seen a lot of that 300z's rear
Old 04-09-2002, 12:30 AM   #7
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by TruHeel142
I want a type r!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

but a rs is ok for now.... :( I coulda taken that Eclipse, Accord, and mazda hatch!!! But i woulda seen a lot of that 300z's rear

How do you know you could have taken the eclipse. was it gst/gsx? was it rs/gs with turbo kit? you know nothing about the eclipse he mentioned so dont say can take it. considering the fact that a gst/gsx would destroy a non-turbo 300zx. Nice kill.
Old 04-09-2002, 11:57 AM   #8
Integrity

Easy toykilla, the guy was just giving the Nissan some respect. I'm sure he didn't mean any disrespect to the DSM camp. Anyways, chances are it was N/A. If it was a turbo, it had some problems. I'm mid to low 14's on the street. I'm pretty sure to beat the Z like I did, it had to be a 15 second car.
Old 04-10-2002, 05:04 PM   #9
toykilla

Old 04-18-2002, 09:45 PM   #10
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Nice kill.

A turbo 300ZX probably would have put up a better fight.
Old 04-19-2002, 11:36 AM   #11
gixer

a friend of mine has a 300zxTT and a type-r, he says the type-r would take the z up to 60mph then lose when the z gains enough boost.....300zx non-turbos are shit slow, i saw one get taken by a stock 95-98 v6 mustang.....btw, he raced my friends eclipse gsx and took it by a few carlengths also....
Old 04-19-2002, 02:06 PM   #12
toykilla

Quote:
Originally posted by gixer
a friend of mine has a 300zxTT and a type-r, he says the type-r would take the z up to 60mph then lose when the z gains enough boost.....

hm...The 300z doesnt hit full boost in 1st gear??