.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2002, 12:47 PM   #1
spoogenet

Picking up good guys/girls 102: How to meet and where to start.

Course Title: Picking up good guys/girls 102: How to meet and where to start.

Course Description: Ever see that cute girl and not have the marbles to ask her out? Ever see that cute guy and just wish he'd make a move? Here's a good place for the good guys and girls to say how they would and wouldn't like to be met or hit upon.

b
Old 06-26-2002, 02:26 PM   #2
mt.biker

You know what would be nice, a girl coming up to me and starting a convo with me! (has never happened)

I dont tent to have a problem going up to a girl, unless i feel like she thinks she's better then me (i can almost smell it) in that case i dont want anything to do with a *****.

But just for laughs what are the best things to start up a convo with someone you have never meet before.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:27 PM   #3
sparklingxtasy

Usually if i see a guy i'm interested in and i'd like to talk to him, I ask him about his car. this tends to catch them off guard, so i have to make sure i know what they're driving first... other than that the stupid girl trick works very well (pass a bunch of cute guys in my car, get far enough ahead and put the hood up, standing in front of the car...ditzy, but very effective)... or ask him if he knows what time it is... judging by his reaction, it's easier to start a convo... but whatever you do, have a little confidence, it makes it all run smoothly, and if it doesn't go well, just shrug it off.. there's more fish in the sea
Old 06-27-2002, 10:16 AM   #4
cutiepy701

I hardly ever make first moves, not because I'm shy but I just don't. Usually if I see I guy I think Is hot I defenitly make good eye contact. If he comes over to me then I just talk about whatever. If he don't come over to me then I just leave it alone, unless hes drop dead gorgeous, then I'll go all out and just walk up to him.

I guess its different if Im by myself or just 1 friend or if Im in a big group of people. If Im in a big group then I defenitly would go over and talk. Im very very flirtatious (sp) I love to flirt and this always gets dudes attention.
Old 06-28-2002, 04:17 PM   #5
DsBlu01CivEX

Yah I sorta tend to wait for guys to come to me.....it's the whole rejection factor . Occassionally I'll get the boobs ( I can't get balls cuz I'm a girl...so next best thing!) to go up to talk to a guy/group of guys. Like if I see them checkin my friends and I out and we're checkin them out....I'll say something. I know the other girls won't. I tend to be the blunt one out of the group.

As for how I would want a guy to approach me....just come and say hi. It definitely depends on the situation and where we're at. Like at the club/bar...offering to buy a drink is nice...or asking me to dance. I'm not fond of the guys that run up behind you and just start thrusting themselves at my @ss. I'd much prefer a guy to ask....he's more likely not to get elbowed or ran away from. I'm also not huge on a guy I just met callin me babe/honey/sweet thing...whatever...I do that with my guy friends that I know...not guys I just meet.

This is all I can think of for now...I'm sure I'll think of more stuff to write....

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 11:53 AM   #6
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

NO CHEESEY PICKUP LINES, PLEASE!!!! I don't like guys who come on too strong or try too hard, it's a turn off. And if I wasn't so shy, I would love to approach guys, so instead I just make sure I make eye contact and smile a lot. That's my biggest signal for a guy to come and talk to me, and if they can't pick up on it, then they're pretty dense, because I make it pretty obvious. And as for the approaching guys thing, I'll have to work on that!
Old 07-02-2002, 04:01 PM   #7
spoogenet

See I had this idea of a sociological study I wanted to conduct....I was going to get a notepad and write down a pile of the absolute cheesiest pickup lines one could ever imagine....then go out to bars and clubs and ask the girls the lines. Ask them one line, guage their response, then flip the page and ask another line.

I just wanna see how people react. Maybe there's a reason I wasn't a sociology major?

I wouldn't mind a girl coming up to me, in fact, I'd like it. I'm pretty shy and thus don't tend to approach girls. If she's smiling etc etc, I guess I'm pretty dense, because I've never picked up on it. I've had friends of a girl tell me she likes me and I just don't see it.....dense dense dense....but that's just how I am.

A girl could approach me with pretty much any conversation and it would get me talking with her.....unless she's just repulsive.

b
Old 07-08-2002, 04:57 PM   #8
mt.biker

Go to a beach where you can surf. Make sure you can bring your board, go out surfing for a few hours and then when you come in (make sure you catch a wave or two) they seem to come to you i know the first time it happened i was taken by suprise. I have a bunch of numbers (most of them i left in the apt) but i took two home
Old 07-31-2002, 08:07 AM   #9
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
See I had this idea of a sociological study I wanted to conduct....I was going to get a notepad and write down a pile of the absolute cheesiest pickup lines one could ever imagine....then go out to bars and clubs and ask the girls the lines. Ask them one line, guage their response, then flip the page and ask another line.

I just wanna see how people react. Maybe there's a reason I wasn't a sociology major?

I wouldn't mind a girl coming up to me, in fact, I'd like it. I'm pretty shy and thus don't tend to approach girls. If she's smiling etc etc, I guess I'm pretty dense, because I've never picked up on it. I've had friends of a girl tell me she likes me and I just don't see it.....dense dense dense....but that's just how I am.

A girl could approach me with pretty much any conversation and it would get me talking with her.....unless she's just repulsive.

b

well dude the first time she comes up to you, your gonna be taken back. at least i was so i'm gonna guess you will be too. A girl who has the guts to go up to a guy and start a convo is one worth talking to and getting a number.

I had a girl in hawaii come up to me, she turned out to be a blast.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:33 PM   #10
mt.biker

For us guys *lowers voice*

take up joggin guys, most of the fit girls jog you can meet a bunch of nice girls in one night. No strings attached, dont need to worry about how you look (cause they look worse then they would like to), they tend to feel less threatened then if you just walk up to her and asked her for her number on the streets.

how to get started, buy some good running shoes and ask the shop people where everyone goes running. Start once or twice a week on the same days, you'll get to be known as a regular and boom your in. Just catch up to the cutie up the road (or what not) and start talking her up. No lines needed, just ask her about her running.... and boom she'll talk until you stop running with her

this works honest, trust me. Try it and you'r never gonna look back. Dating as we know it has changed forever
Old 09-17-2002, 07:43 PM   #11
ZeroAccess

by the time I catch up I'd be outta breath and all sweaty and nasty lookin...

I dunno shouldn't you be fit first?
Old 09-23-2002, 01:40 AM   #12
Rob
Stefan's A Sheep Fucker

I know I'm probably a lone experienced person on this one but being divorced tends to open some doors too....i'm in the Air Force and being on base is like being in college...alot of people in a little "community"...it was amazing how many girls came up to me after they heard that I was "free"...I even had two leave their numbers on the windshield of my car
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 01:43 PM   #13
SofaKingSmooth

[quote]Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX
[b] Occassionally I'll get the boobs ( I can't get balls cuz I'm a girl...so next best thing!) to go up to talk to a guy/group of guys.

just come and say hi.

I'm not fond of the guys that run up behind you and just start thrusting themselves at my @ss. I'd much prefer a guy to ask....

I am taking note's... Rob you need to take some also.... ill email you mine... no i am playing

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
NO CHEESEY PICKUP LINES, PLEASE!!!! I don't like guys who come on too strong or try too hard, it's a turn off. And if I wasn't so shy, I would love to approach guys, so instead I just make sure I make eye contact and smile a lot. That's my biggest signal for a guy to come and talk to me,

That is how i knew about the girls in the Tupelo,.... well where ever i am, it is not that hard if you look around guys.... youll see girls looking at you just smile and walk up and say hello.... i dont think that a girl will just shoot you down to start with she will want to see what you are about first then if your being stupid she will let you know.... lol
Old 11-27-2002, 01:51 PM   #14
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by SofaKingSmooth
That is how i knew about the girls in the Tupelo,.... well where ever i am, it is not that hard if you look around guys.... youll see girls looking at you just smile and walk up and say hello.... i dont think that a girl will just shoot you down to start with she will want to see what you are about first then if your being stupid she will let you know.... lol

dude where are you at? Girls around here aint like that, maybe they need to pull their heads out of their a$$es! But it aint like that around here
Old 11-27-2002, 05:35 PM   #15
SofaKingSmooth

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordinStyle
it was amazing how many girls came up to me after they heard that I was "free"...I even had two leave their numbers on the windshield of my car

Ya.... Rob your big pimpin.... I am proud
Old 01-07-2003, 12:34 PM   #16
TerKel00

Ok..well if Im feeling chemistry between myself and a guy...I give him "the look" then he should know to come over or not. Because I usually dont. At that point. Ive looked at him, gave him the hint that I want him to come over and say hi. Whether he does or not ...whatever. As far as finding a good guy..that hard to find. Ive only met good guys like through friends. I tried dating a guy from a dance club and oh damn..not a good idea. I cant explain it but I was basically just attracted to him cause he could dance! hahaa...what I have had at clubs is dumbass drunks come over to me ..wrap there arms around me and think they can get some. The worst thing a guy can do..is reach for a girls drink. hahaha..That ticks me off!! Oh! And never send your friend over to stinking ask a chick out. Thats so retarded. "uh yeah..my friend over there thinks your hot but hes a lil shy" ..."Uhh sorry I have a bf"..."Oh...well do you think you could come over and say Hi anyways?"...**glares at dumbass** "Umm..NO IM GOOD THANKS"!! hmph...

Kelly~
Old 01-15-2003, 03:54 PM   #17
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by TerKel00
Ok..well if Im feeling chemistry between myself and a guy...I give him "the look" then he should know to come over or not. Because I usually dont. At that point. Ive looked at him, gave him the hint that I want him to come over and say hi. Whether he does or not ...whatever. As far as finding a good guy..that hard to find. Ive only met good guys like through friends. I tried dating a guy from a dance club and oh damn..not a good idea. I cant explain it but I was basically just attracted to him cause he could dance! hahaa...what I have had at clubs is dumbass drunks come over to me ..wrap there arms around me and think they can get some. The worst thing a guy can do..is reach for a girls drink. hahaha..That ticks me off!! Oh! And never send your friend over to stinking ask a chick out. Thats so retarded. "uh yeah..my friend over there thinks your hot but hes a lil shy" ..."Uhh sorry I have a bf"..."Oh...well do you think you could come over and say Hi anyways?"...**glares at dumbass** "Umm..NO IM GOOD THANKS"!! hmph...

Kelly~

I see only one problem with the "look" idea. We are not very bright when it comes to hints. We notice everything but we don't act cuz we don't know what the "look" means. Guys have a bad habit of overanalyzing everything. The guys who are succesful are the ones who take things for what they're worth, she looked at me and we made eye contact, oh she looked and made contact again, i should go and see why. Then just walk up and say hi.

As for girls getting a good guy, it's different. Every girl seems to have their own version of what they want while for guys it's big____ and _____ and she likes to _____. But in essence it's just as easy, just say hi. Very rarely does a guy blow off a girl due to the fact he is too shaken and suprised that he was approached.

So in closing if you see someone that you think is cute and you may want to pursue something, sit or stand next to them, make eye contact and say hello. It won't hurt anything, worst case you move on to the next one.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 10:16 AM   #18
TerKel00

OK...this is kinda funny cause I got hit on at the bar last night by a guy siting next to me. What does he do to get my attention...he freaking KICKS my chair...hahahhaa...I means seriously!! Class people CLASS!!!!! Saying HEY and slamming a chicks chair with your foot isnt a very good start to approaching a girl. But he got his fill last night when a nasty girl was chasing him around and trying to get him to dance. It was funny. hahaaaaaa!!

Kelly~
Old 01-17-2003, 05:54 PM   #19
silver

he took the caveman approach. at least he didn't hit you over the head and drag you back to his lair.

one time I met a girl at a party and we exchanged a "few" words(literally very few). Well I got a call from her on the monday after the weekend on my cell. She had tracked me down cuz I said that I was good friends with some people at a fraternity at USC where she goes, so she started asking around and tracked me to someone who had my cell number. Needless to say I turned bright red on the phone with her since I couldn't believe that someone would do such a thing. We ended up dating for a while and then she dropped me cuz she was starting to become attached to me and she didn't want to ruin her care free lifestyle. I had a point to this story...well there are a lot more details that maybe I'll share sometime, it's a great story. I'll try and remember my point.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

Old 03-26-2003, 03:30 PM   #20
spider_man02

i wish a girl would come up to me, i am the shyest(is that spelled right) kid around. I dont even think i could keep the girls interest unless she was into cars or basketball. any suggestions.
Old 04-20-2003, 12:53 AM   #21
silver

Quote:
Originally posted by spider_man02
i wish a girl would come up to me, i am the shyest(is that spelled right) kid around. I dont even think i could keep the girls interest unless she was into cars or basketball. any suggestions.

those interests will get plenty of girls. I am into cars(obviously) and in high school I played ball and then I starting coaching after high school in college. the question i guess you need to answer is why are you shy? what are you worried about? once you realize why you feel the way you do, you can find ways to overcome it.