::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Kill Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2002, 08:49 PM   #1
HondaTypeJ

Grrrr! This makes me mad.

Ok, so I got off of work the other day and as I am leaving the parking stucture, I see a coworker/friend behind me. He is driving a 2002 Nissan Altima. So he pulls up on my side and we chat for a short bit and then he asks me if I want to race (acutally he said, where would you like to get smoked?). Anyway, it is 2:00 AM and the roads are pretty much open. So we take off. He starts out pretty fast, better acceleration I suppose but then I start to gain on him, all the way up to the point where we are neck and neck. Moving on, we both see 2 cars in front of us and we slow down. After that, we pretty much went our own ways.
Now the part that makes me mad is I come to work the next day and EVERYONE comes up to me and says that Miguel (the guy I raced) smoked me REAL bad. Supposedly he left me in his exhaust smoke. He was going around telling everyone that I only caught up because he took his foot off the accelerator (which was BS because as we were racing I noticed the look on his face as I came up on him...a look like "WTF?"). So anyway, we are going to go at it again in a few weeks. Most likely the night we open up Star Wars (I work at a movie theatre) because we will be getting off like at 3:30AM. Actually it wont be just him and I. 2 other guys want to join in, a Dodge Avenger (do they still make those?), and another Civic. I will let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for reading! BTW, I am sick! It sux.
Old 05-07-2002, 11:50 PM   #2
bootstrap

i don't know what kind of mods you have on your civic, but the new altima's are ****ing fast
Old 05-09-2002, 08:20 AM   #3
ddr_max

yeah it sucks getting beat by a car that is stock
Old 05-14-2002, 08:21 AM   #4
fadednite

Dude, you better have major mods for the civic, cause that new Alt will smoke ya.
Old 05-20-2002, 01:37 AM   #5
srshark69

The new alts arnt thaaaat fast, I have a 97 civ, EX no REAL mods just intake and stuff. I can beat the alt up to about 55 I would have it all the way but I blew my clutch a few weeks again and now it slips.... grr..... race the alt again, tell him to bring to TP cause he'll be wipein your ass.........
Old 05-20-2002, 09:25 PM   #6
Niacin

The new Altima 4.2 V6 runs 14.2.

Max
Old 05-20-2002, 10:44 PM   #7
NooNz

Altima 4.2 V6??..i thought the Altima is a 3.5L V6??
(i could be wrong tho.....)
Old 05-20-2002, 10:47 PM   #8
NooNz

oh yeah..btw..good luck in the next race with the altima and the other 2 cars....hope you smoke their a$$es...
Old 05-21-2002, 01:52 AM   #9
bootstrap

the altima does 0-60 in 6 seconds... don't even tell me your little ass civic is gonna smoke it with a ****ing intake
Old 05-21-2002, 02:36 AM   #10
srshark69

huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 seconds my ASS.. who told you that one. My mom has a 02 SE... learn your specs, its a 3.5 DOHC V6 with 230-240hp and weighs alot more that my civic... Im sorry if you cant beat one in your "Bad Mutha ****a" of a car, so what do you really have? ANYway... Manual might be tough, but how many people buy altamas in manual.. and who said, 4.2 nope, not even the Maxima has a 4.2 it too is a 3.5 DOHC 255 hp.. same engine just tuned differently and offered in a 6 speed manual instead of a 5. Ohh and give the ALtima a month, after a while the automatics dont want to downshift when you punch it..... I would say it was just my moms car but I know two other kids with the GLE and there having the same problems with the Auto Trannie..
Old 05-22-2002, 08:46 PM   #11
se-r turbo

A stock altima v6 can beat a stock s2000....I've seen it done. It's all about the torque factor. There are 4 cylinder altimas with the spec-v motor from the se-r....those are slower obviously, maybe the guys altima is a 4 cylinder.
Old 05-22-2002, 09:27 PM   #12
monkut

i love how people talk about how fast a car is but they're just going on what they have heard. Either that or they have forgotten. Just don't go saying stuff as fact, if it is not absolutely true. Sitting in front of me is the June Motor Trend. In the back it has all their road test results.
there are two altimas listed. Both are listed as "Altima SE V6/'02" one does the quarter in 14.7 and 0-60 in 6.3 sec. Pretty damn quikc. The other also called the altima se v6 (i don't know what is going on with that), does the quarter in15sec and 0-60 of 6.6.
That is prettty darn fast. I doubt your stok civic could beat it Unless it is completely stripped and he is carrying around a couple of corpses or something.
But who knows....maybe after a while.....like you said....the civic could catch up. I don't really know, i'm just going by the numbers given.
Regardless....Hondas rock
Old 05-22-2002, 09:28 PM   #13
monkut

please excuse me for being a complete idiot in the last post....the difference between the cars is that the slower one is an automatic....geez!
regardless....Hondas rock
Old 05-22-2002, 09:50 PM   #14
srshark69

I agree....

Get your facts straight before you post, there is no way in hell that an S2000 lost to a Altama without the S2000 driver not punching it or just lousy with a clutch. Also I would not go by the specs in a magizines. Last month I was reading how a V6 Accord only got 20 more hp with a super charger. I dont go by there specs anymore.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:20 PM   #15
TuRbo GTA

Wow, import kids dont know much about cars...automatics arent slower if you know how to drive...the supercharger thing all depends on what kind of supercharger you get and no supercharger would give you only 20 horses...and downshifting stops eh? i wouldnt count on that fact either...oh and in response the whole s2000 story, this kid i know had an 2001 S2000 for about 6 months before he destroyed the tranny and the engine b/c he didnt know how to drive, he lost to a 1994 Integra GS-R so dont rely on races you have watched cause odds are, the kid didnt know how to handle the car. I think that about covers it all.
Old 05-25-2002, 10:59 AM   #16
97CivicFerio

turbo GTA, why don't you get lost? You obviously hate imports, and this is HONDA STYLE. Got it?
Old 05-25-2002, 05:48 PM   #17
4jacks

Quote:
Originally posted by TuRbo GTA
Wow, import kids dont know much about cars...automatics arent slower if you know how to drive...

I'm not going hate on you, but it's pretty common knowledge that an automatic transmission loses power in the converter, the same car in auto and man, with a good driver, the auto will always get slower times.

if you know how to drive ???? is thier some hidden secret to stepping on that gas pedal in an automatic ???

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote