::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2004, 10:11 PM   #1
skaterdx

d16y8 in a 95 dx

i just rebuilt a d16y8 and im getting ready to drop it in my 95 dx.. im keeping my obd1 harness and buying a p28 ecu.. but how am i supposed to make the y8 intake work.. different sensors, vacuum hoses.. i havent been able to find any info on other people doing this swap.. anyone have an suggestions?
Old 05-31-2004, 08:02 PM   #2
skaterdx

come on.. does anyone know anything about this swap? the ds mount is different, sensors i dont need.. i need help..
Old 05-31-2004, 08:28 PM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

well for starters
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=719350
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=778287

Mounts for b7, z6, y7, and y8 are identical.

If you just get a y8 wiring harness and then an adapter to run a p28 you'll save youreself a lot of work. The harnesses arent that much money anymore.
A z6 wouldve been a lot less work...but I bet youve already heard that from others...

If you want more info, I suggest SEARCHING honda-tech. The info is probably there, but I went through 8pages of old threads before I got sick of it...I know it'd be there though.

What yr y8 manifold is it and is it manual or auto? That makes a difference if you got it separate from the motor/tranny.
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:17 PM   #4
skaterdx

hey thanks.. i looked on hondatech for a while and i didnt come across anything.. i tried to find a z6 but this y8 was the right price.. i dont need the knock sensor near the harmonic, or the sensor on the fuel rail.. and my dist will work.. i need to use obd1 injectors and find a ds mount because its missing.. and run a couple wires to a p28 ecu and itll be ready to run.. thanks alot