Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2003, 04:45 PM   #1
Mirkwo0dForest

front headlitez pleaz

k, i'm jus gonna ask b4 i start...

i'm bout to take mah front headlitz out and take that nasty amber-colored shit out of them. NEway i kAn c a few obvious skrewz but there must be other crap u gotta do first rite?

i'm not even gonna fo0L with them till i get the factz so spill em.
-thanx!!

-me is retarded
Old 01-01-2003, 04:50 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Please speak English.

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 06:12 PM   #3
oc civic

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
Please speak English.

You took the words right out of my mouth.. lol
Old 01-01-2003, 08:47 PM   #4
Mirkwo0dForest

u mean i gotta trans tha whole shizzle? DAMN!
ok here goes...

WHAT DO I DO TO TAKE FRONT HEADLIGHTS OUT?

that wuz hard as a beast dude...
Old 01-01-2003, 08:55 PM   #5
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

its easy asd pie...mmm pie....anyways....

Do them 1 at a time!

-preheat your oven to 250, when it gets to that temp just put one in for like 10 mins. They're gonna be hot so I suggest using some cheap winter glove (the fingers are gonna really help you in the separation; as opposed to oven mits)
-when the timers up, spearate the housing using a screwdriver as a lever to pry up the tabs and a utility knife to cut some of the glue that is stubborn. The glue should be melted enough to be like...hot pizza cheese i guess
-once you got em open just remove 2 screws that hold the chrome to the front housing and whatever screws that hold the amber...JUST DO NOT BREAK ANY OF THE CHROME PLASTIC PARTS! If you break anything youre going to have to hope there is enough of the drilled parts left to just use some kind of washer to hold the parts to the housings...I know cause I broke one
-when youre all done put the 2 housings back in the oven for another 10 mins to remelt the glue and when the timer dings just put the housings back together...push REALLY hard so the housings go together tightly. I used a pair of channel locks and squeezed the housings so they went together better than just pushing w/ your hands, you could use C-locks, pliers, C-clamps, or whatever else that gives you added pinching power.
-Finally use some clear silicone sealent all around the edges so you get it all sealed up perfectly again. Doing this will prevent condensation inside when you put them back on the car. Use your fingers to get it all in the little cracks and to smooth it out for cosmetic reasons
-Repeat w/ the other light

Let the sealent sit for about a day or so just so you know its set before you mount the lights. If not you run the risk of silicon settling down on your car...and that sucks...or worse it not setting right and you gotta do it over
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 08:58 PM   #6
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

LMFAO...oh shit...you just wanna take em off the car?! LOL oh damn...ok take off the bumper, 2 bolts on top of the lights and 1 on each side. the ones on the outside are behind the fenders...hence taking off the bumber.

bumpers easy. 2 bolts on bottom under car, all the clips on the top of it under the hood, and some screws that hold it to the fenders.

Well...now you can clear your...headlizights...fo shizel
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:46 PM   #7
chrisman8995

follow these guys directions, its easy, i read the same instructions somewhere else and had mine out, cleared, and installed in less than 2 hours......not counting the day i left them out for the silicon to dry.....but there should be clamps around the headlights already which eliminates the use of c-clamps.....go for it its easy as hell and cheap $10 tops on silicon