.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think is best iv'e heard good things about both of them.
Super Charger 1 14.29%
Turbo 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2003, 12:09 AM   #1
hondaciv97

Idle

For awhile i though one of my 02 sensors was messed up because my check engine light would keep coming on and i had to extend the secondary 02 sensor wire my self. I always thought I wired it worng so when the check engine light would come on i thought it was because of my poor wiring. Today i went to honda and they did a quick system diagnostic and to my suprise it wasn't the 02 sensor but it was the IDLE CONTROL VALVE, I have never heard of it.. It's located right around the throttle body and intake manifold. Can anyone shine some light on this for me before i go out and blow 300 to fix it.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:18 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

what does the poll have to do anything with your problem ? yeah i know IACV's go bad sometimes. i had mine replaced 1.5 years ago.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 01:18 AM   #3
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

ok...so you have an idler problem...but have a poll on FI...why not just make 2 posts?...
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 01:36 AM   #4
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by pdiggitydogg
ok...so you have an idler problem...but have a poll on FI...why not just make 2 posts?...

This one will become a little chaotic

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:03 AM   #5
JDMB16

why didn't you just check the code yourself? There is a two pin connector by the passenger side floor panel that you need to make a circuit with and turn the ignition to the "on" position, it will flash the SRS light and the CEL code. What EXACTLY do you want us to shine light on??? Do you want to know where it is??? I mean, your post is too vague, please explain.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:12 PM   #6
shadowracer
1st Gear

You know what, do this, First off I'm assumming you know where the IAC (Idle Air Control Valve) is located. Right? Well check the electrical connection first if there is any corrosion in there clean it out with a good electrical cleaner and a small wire brush. Second check to make sure your vacuum and coolant hoses are not leaking. Coolant is easy do a visual and if you can't see it rub your hand on the hoses. Make sure there not hot! FYI ! You can check for a vacuum leak by spray starting fluid by the IAC if your idle surges then you have a vacuum leak present. Third make sure your coolant level is full the IAC use the coolant temp to determine the IDLE speed. (that should have been first,whatever) If all checks out take to the dealer and shell out the cash