Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2002, 08:01 AM   #41
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic

My Favorite incubus stuff is from their first albumns from fungus amongus to make yourself, .Science is my favorite. And everyone that went to the warped tour sucks! Thats 2 years in a row that i missed out, I was supposed to go this year but Something life dealing came up and i had to attend that instead.Thursday is an awesome band i cant wait to see them, I haven't got to go to a show since face to face in june! Unless you count stopping by a local show for 5 minutes today, These guys think theyre tool, but they're not even close

I like to drive to anything fast or with a nice beat, also something that you can sing along to

Have you heard Waiting? It's Thursday's c.d. that they did prior to Full Collapse. It seriously took me like 2 months to find it. Yeah, when I saw Incubus they did a lot of older stuff at the show.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:51 PM   #42
mylittlecivic

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14

Have you heard Waiting? It's Thursday's c.d. that they did prior to Full Collapse. It seriously took me like 2 months to find it. Yeah, when I saw Incubus they did a lot of older stuff at the show.

Havent heard but 1 song But when I get the chance i definetly will, it looks like a good cd

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 06:29 PM   #43
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic

Havent heard but 1 song But when I get the chance i definetly will, it looks like a good cd

Well, as soon as you get a chance...check them out. They're amazing. I would not lie about this. I will be seeing them at warped this Sat.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:50 AM   #44
Grip72

I downloaded some music by Thursday..they seemed like they could play alright but i hate it when bands play/record their instruments louder than the actual singing and vocals...it just sounds messed up..(IMO)
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 08:09 AM   #45
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord17
I downloaded some music by Thursday..they seemed like they could play alright but i hate it when bands play/record their instruments louder than the actual singing and vocals...it just sounds messed up..(IMO)

Really? Did you download off of Full Collapse? Honestly, there are a few songs on that c.d. that have some screaming and they sound like someone is being tortured. I love the lyrics though. Has anyone heard the new Chili Peppers?
Old 08-07-2002, 10:03 AM   #46
PoleMan14

Quote:
Originally posted by msvtec14

Really? Did you download off of Full Collapse? Honestly, there are a few songs on that c.d. that have some screaming and they sound like someone is being tortured. I love the lyrics though. Has anyone heard the new Chili Peppers?

I love that one song where the girl is trying to warn everyone about the end of the world, pretty sure its called Warning.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:04 AM   #47
incubus86

The new chili peppers rocks. I love this cd. It is really laid back and great to drive to.

Hoobastank is also a kick ass band and good to listen to while driving down the parkway! Plus they put on a great show.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:11 AM   #48
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by incubus86
The new chili peppers rocks. I love this cd. It is really laid back and great to drive to.

Hoobastank is also a kick ass band and good to listen to while driving down the parkway! Plus they put on a great show.

Yeah, that's what all the reviews said. I heard it's sort of funky...a little 60's or something. I totally agree with you about Hoobastank. I saw them with Incubus. I hate when I go to shows and the bands sound nothing like they do on their albums. Both of these bands totally exceeded my expectations at this show. More Hoobastank then Incubus though because Incubus has been around for way longer...
Old 08-07-2002, 02:17 PM   #49
mylittlecivic

All those bands kick @$$. My friend just bought a Trust company cd, and theres a few songs on that cd that are nice to drive too. I also like saves the day and AFI alot even if theyre not driving music. Lyrics are very important to me too.

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 03:27 PM   #50
XdiscontensionX

living in boston and being on the road all the time, i have to listen to mellow music or i'll kill people. but really anything from trip hop to indie rock works.

my newest driving cd:
blood group - holes in the sun
tricky - wash away
air - playground love
beta band - squares
blood group - light II
dj shadow - midnight in a perfect world
the for carnation - a tribute to
blood group - odin
plus a bunch of bands you've never heard of.
Old 08-07-2002, 03:46 PM   #51
msvtec14

Quote:
Originally posted by XdiscontensionX
living in boston and being on the road all the time, i have to listen to mellow music or i'll kill people. but really anything from trip hop to indie rock works.

my newest driving cd:
blood group - holes in the sun
tricky - wash away
air - playground love
beta band - squares
blood group - light II
dj shadow - midnight in a perfect world
the for carnation - a tribute to
blood group - odin
plus a bunch of bands you've never heard of.

It's ok. Sometimes people have never heard of bands that I like