::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2002, 11:46 PM   #1
ced_jr10

exhaust comparison for 98-up accord 4cyl

'sup everybody. i just got my '98 accord coupe not 2 long ago, and it's time for some performance upgrades. i'm gonna start with the basic 3 performance enhancers first (headers, exhaust, intake) and work my way from there. as far as exhaust...i'm in a little dilema as to which system to go with. greddy puts their name of high quality on everything they put out. i've gotten good feedback on dc sports. skunk 2 kills at the track, and Tanabe...well...tanabe is so damn expensive, i wanna know why. could anyone help me out? also if anyone has seen good results concerning the other 2 basic upgrades, i'll keep them in mind for when i get to them. thanks.
Old 07-06-2002, 06:03 PM   #2
llavalle

i have a Aem Cold-Air-Intake.... On my 99 Accord 4cyl...

Apart from the sound... it not really MORE powerfull...

It revs quicker... but the performance can only be seen on a Dyno(~~4hp)....
Old 07-07-2002, 01:52 AM   #3
accordboy00

I got GReddy SP exhaust on my 4cyl a couple of months ago an I love it. The sound is awesome and some performance gains are noticable. I posted pics under the "My new GReddy" thread. My only qualm is that it hangs too low. I'll fix that in the future.
As for intake, I just installed an AEM CAI. I dont know about llavalle, but my ride feels completely different. Maybe my gains are noticable because its paired with an exhaust. I rev quicker and feel a definate push and about 3000rpm. Oh yeah, the sound from the AEM is unbelievable. If youve got the cash go AEM. As far as headers I'm looking at DC Sports. I heard they're the best....they're also pricey. I'm gonna keep looking. Anyways, good luck on the mods, keep us updated.
Old 07-07-2002, 07:47 PM   #4
llavalle

As you said.. the car feels like it has more power...

But I frequently race with a friend with a 1999 accord..like mine(but black ) we were Equal(he's stock)...

I installed my CAI...and now... i'm ahead of him of about 3 feets... when we're at 60mph...this is not really faster..

As for the sound.. it's REALLY, REALLY the nicier sound I ever heard from a accord....it's loud... but not acute....and when the cops are close... you don't put the pedal to the metal... and the car is completly silent(execept for the air noise it mafde when it idles)...

I'm not saying it's not a good buy... you should get this one instead of others... IMO.. it's the best one for uur cars...looks good too... and legal for CARB
Old 07-07-2002, 11:40 PM   #5
accordboy00

In the world of car mods you really get what you pay for