Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2003, 01:38 PM   #1
Jufranpnoy
1st Gear

Heading to San Diego...

hola. just wondering whats there to do in san diego. i am going there in July to stay with my cousin for a couple of weeks. took a nice leave without pay from work. well i am covered for one week with my saved up vacation time but not the other 2 weeks. this is gonna be my first real vacation out of new england since i went to st. maaretens back in 1997. how pathetic...

just wondering a few things...how old do you have to be to rent a car there? and how can i get from san diego to helendale? need to get there to meet up with my gf and her family to go to las vegas. on mapquest, it said SD was a little less than 2 hours from helendale...is there a train or bus going from san diego to helendale? thanks in advance for the help
Jufranpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 02:54 PM   #2
zm_dawg

i can't answer any of your questions but i'd definately love to be in your position.....
Old 06-04-2003, 03:05 PM   #3
mt.biker

25 i think it was it is for renting a car in the us, maybe you can get 21 but its alot of work.

There probably is a bus, i dont know anything about a train. Hav you checked greyhound?
Old 06-04-2003, 06:29 PM   #4
DumbMoFo

25 is the age for the least amount of hassle when renting a car. Some companies generally won't rent to people under 25, but my understanding is they can't refuse to rent to you. National rents to people under 25. A word of warning though - they will charge you higher rates and hit you for a younger driver fee (figure you will spend $75-%100 per day).
Old 06-05-2003, 01:27 AM   #5
mylittlecivic

really you have to be 25 that sucks! go to disney land I stayed in san diego when i was like 7 we just shopped went to disney land and the zoo. There should be good concerts down there aw heck i dunno:o

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 01:52 AM   #6
silver

you can rent enterprise at 21, actually i think you can do 21 for most of them in cali. as for helendale i am not sure where that is. is it north or east of san diego. you're looking at around a 6 hour drive w/o traffic from san diego to vegas i believe. see if you can hang in san diego for a few days and check out tijuana, mexico. there is also the gas lamp district in downtown san diego, coronado island, and some really nice beaches a little north of the city. if you can make it up north to the los angeles area, check out sunset blvd in hollywood on a friday or saturday night and the racing scene in either long beach or orange county.

helendale must be a really small town in the desert cuz I have no idea where it is at, if it is than i am sorry for you.
Top Secret, Ings+1, J's Racing, Varis, Amuse, ASM, GP Sports, Air Walker, Garage Defend, Kakimoto, BuddyClub, Feel's, Fujitsubo, Porterfield, KG/MM, ORC, Spoon, Mugen, and more than 200 others. If it's in a Hyper Rev, it's in our reach.

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 02:59 PM   #7
pimpinprelude

can i come with u?
pimpinprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 09:48 PM   #8
Jufranpnoy
1st Gear

silver-i think my gf said helendale was like northeast of san diego. thanks for letting me know of places to check out. very appreciated. o what is the gas lamp district?

pimpin-sure you can come...i can do without the sex toys i was planning on bringing in my suitcase. hehehe jk

Last edited by Jufranpnoy : 06-06-2003 at 07:31 AM.
Jufranpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 12:11 AM   #9
TeriyakiBroccoli
5th Gear

nothing to do in SD, LA is where its at

everyone loves the turbizzim.
TeriyakiBroccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 02:17 PM   #10
get_probed

Quote:
Originally posted by TeriyakiBroccoli
nothing to do in SD, LA is where its at

hahah yea right dude, SD is much cooler

and the gaslamp district is a historical neighborhood thats basically a cool shopping/dining district now, go there on a weekend evening and get dinner or walk around....