Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
VR4_Craver
Banned

Credit cards....

So I start applying for credit cards trying to build credit. I apply at a number of places. I get nothing but denied. Then one day I get thie letter in the mail. Open it up and start reading and go off the fucking wall. I have one card right now. but can only be used to a jewelry store. The paper says this:

reasons for denial
1. Excessive use of current credit lines.
2.too many inquires into credit in recent history.
3. Not enough credit usage of current revolving credit.

1 and 3 instanly pissed me off. Fucking credit card companys can eat my ass
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

credit cards are bad. if your doing it to build credit then remeber you cant spend any more money than you already do... if your getting one to buy some shit then make payments, your gonna hate life, cause your not gonna wana have less money than you did before cause your in CC debit

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Credit card companies can be such a PITA, but they are a great way to build credit if you can get one.

Capital One is usually the easiest to get. You will have a higher APR, crappy membership fees, and a low credit limit. Thats okay though. You have to start somewhere. Be smart with them. Don't charge any more then you can pay on in a month.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:18 PM   #4
AzCivic

what I did to start up credit was I got a $500 personal loan from my bank and made payments on it. I of course just went and blew the money but if you're smart you could just stash it somewhere, like say an emigrantdirect savings account that pays 4% interest a year, and take money out every month and send it in as a payment.

there are 2 advantages to this, one earning such a high % in interest helps slash the amount of interest you're paying your bank on the loan. also very little money comes out of your pocket to build your credit, with a credit card you have to either spend money you don't have or pay it in full everymonth(which some people have a hard time doing once they let loose and go on a spending spree). plus the interest rate for a personal loan will more than likely be lower than a credit card, and you don't have to worry about the credit card company hiding fees for various b.s.
AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #5
Robert
R-Tard

I love my credit card, I put everything on it I possibly can and get the 2% cash back at the end of the year. Now i do pay it off every month so I guess I'm not the norm.

Since I've been doing that for the last 5 years I have a huge card, could put a civic and extras on it.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #6
nonovurbizniz

Get a secured credit card through a bank.... it will build your credit.

Also NEVER EVER EVER submit multiple credit inqueries in a short period of time... it makes you look like a credit hungry spend freak...

As mentioned above the SMARTEST thing you can do is get a CC that either requires you to pay it off everymonth... or just do that anyway... try to get one that gives you a return on money spent.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #7
VR4_Craver
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by nonovurbizniz
Get a secured credit card through a bank.... it will build your credit.

Yea i tried that but somehow I got fucking denied for that too. The guy at the bank I have been with for like 5 years and my mother been at for like 18 and he new husband is at and yet I still get fucked by them. And capitol one? Yea dicks denied me there too. what got me was the reason I was denied last time. One that I do have a credit card that was used once. they said I used that one to much then they also denied me because I havent used a card enough to build credit. I was fucked either way with them
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Applying for too much credit will totally fuck your credit score, especially if you're denied. Companies look at requests for credit and if they see a bunch of other places have denied you, they'll follow suit. I've never figured out how that works...you have to apply to get credit, but applying hurts your score. Have you checked your credit score lately? I know there's a free way to do it through the government...can't remember how though. I did what Az did when I was younger. Took out a $300 loan at a local credit union, didn't spend the money, and paid it off so that I was done about a month or two early. If you're enrolled in college many colleges have their own credit unions that will help students out and not-so-ridiculous rates.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:50 PM   #9
Grip72

is it worth it to pay the $25 and get a credit rating? does it just give you anumber or does it give you an explanation and all that good stuff?
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:29 PM   #10
AzCivic

yeah its worth it, lots of times things could be wrong. happened to me, some of my dad's stuff was on mine. the credit report I get has your credit score as an additional option and explains whats helping and hurting your score. if you've never got a credit report before you should get one from all three agencies and a credit score from at least one.

I use this:
http://qspace.iplace.com/cobrands/663/product2.asp
Old 01-14-2006, 11:07 PM   #11
Grip72

thanks i'll have to look into it
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:40 PM   #12
VR4_Craver
Banned

I got mine from a site that was only 5 bucks to get the score my report was free on here.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:18 AM   #13
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

www.annualcreditreport.com

It's free to use once a year.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:36 AM   #14
AzCivic

sweet i've been looking for that.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:41 AM   #15
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Quote:
Originally posted by GT40FIED
www.annualcreditreport.com

It's free to use once a year.

You still have to pay a little extra to get your actual Credit score, but definately take advantage of it. It is worth it for sure.

One other thing to think about is each credit score company rates a little different. It isn't a bad idea to get your score from all three places.