Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2004, 04:12 AM   #1
IALuder

we lose more support in iraq

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/....ap/index.html

it may not be much. they really didnt do much. but still we are losing help from other nations. it seems like everyone else has givin up and we are the only ones still trying to change it.

maybe we should quit and realize you cant change a country or peoples way after they have been set in stone for so long.

if you cant dazzle them with your brillance, baffle them with your bullshit.
IALuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:15 AM   #2
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I saw that on the news. Tough fuck Hungary. Like 300 non-combatant troops will make a huge difference. But it is part of a larger problem. Countries are pulling out of our precious "coalition" left and right. Next thing you know it'll be down to us, England, and Palau (who offers no real support but hey...they're still in there!).
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:30 PM   #3
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Re: we lose more support in iraq

Quote:
Originally posted by SFKing

maybe we should quit and realize you cant change a country or peoples way after they have been set in stone for so long.

I really think that this isnt' something we can just walk away from, even if we wanted to. We have too much riding on this. We have los

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 04:18 PM   #4
IALuder

who cares what other nation think of us. appearently half the world already hates us. so who gives a fuck.

Old 11-04-2004, 09:50 PM   #5
V8killimports

Quote:
who cares what other nation think of us. appearently half the world already hates us. so who gives a fuck.

Exactly.. stop giving a shit about what other people think about you and you will be much happier..
V8killimports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 10:46 PM   #6
Violent Apathy

I don't care about what they think of us, i care about what may happen if the rest of the world one day decides to do something about it. :o

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:14 AM   #7
IALuder

america will collapse. its just a matter of time. then we will rebuild and start over. but Bush is the one going to cuase the downfall.

Old 11-05-2004, 02:43 AM   #8
CD5Passion

you couldn't blame Bush completely but he definatly has set america's clock of a ticking time bomb.
and like Apathy stated, I'm more worried about what other countries might do to stop us from occupying...I mean this whole ordeal has the potential to cause the rise of a WWIII. But I just guess we'll have to wait and see what our fate as a nation has intended for us, but I'd think it's looking rather bleak
Old 11-05-2004, 06:30 AM   #9
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Shardsofxapril
I mean this whole ordeal has the potential to cause the rise of a WWIII.

Hmmmm...

"Coalition Of The Willing" = Allies

"Axis Of Evil" = Axis

It's basically "Axis vs. Allies" just like WWII. Except in WWII we didn't give 2/3 of the world cause to dislike us by giving them the political middle finger. If there is a WWIII, we can probably expect to be on the receiving end of a hot beef injection...so to speak.

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Old 11-05-2004, 09:24 AM   #10
CD5Passion

lol
man it's sad because I'm usualy one of the most optimistic people out of my friends but when it comes to this political BS I'm quite the pessimist
and I'm dead sure japan will just chill off to the side and watch everyone kill themselves then laugh at the US
Old 11-05-2004, 10:24 AM   #11
IALuder

no shit, look what happened last time they got involved.:o

Old 11-05-2004, 10:52 AM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

hmmm, well we are already in the boiling pot already. if arafat dies in just a matter of seconds the arab world will be slaughtering (sp???) each israelite in the area. if US gets involved you will have all the arab world in your head, if we stay back we will look like pussies. Hopefully this administration will make the correct choice

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 04:18 PM   #13
CD5Passion

Quote:
no shit, look what happened last time they got involved.:o

but i can only imagine they would laugh histerically if new york or chicago got fried like Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Old 11-06-2004, 02:25 AM   #14
V8killimports

Quote:
but i can only imagine they would laugh histerically if new york or chicago got fried like Hiroshima and Nagasaki

I am still waiting for a thanks from japan for hiroshima and nagasaki.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:58 AM   #15
CD5Passion

...an apology???you mean thanks for destroying 2 entire populaces of innocent civilians?!?! think about that real quickly ass
ok so they bombed pearlharbor and destroyed our ships and injured our pacific fleet quite badly.
so in retaliation we tear hundreds of AMERICAN-japanese from their homes and take all of their land and send them into concentration camps because they have different colored skin and different names. my father was born in a concentration camp located in Arizona, his family lost tons of farming land which made american no better than the nazis IMO
and then fry innocent lives which included mothers, fathers, and little kids who were walking home from school. have you ever read any accounts from japanese/americans or even japanese about WWII??? you'd be suprised to find out not all of them supported the war.
that is the epitome of 'fucked up'

that'd be like me kicking your dog and you coming over and killing my family and demanding an apology....fuck you
Old 11-06-2004, 08:00 AM   #16
CD5Passion

Quote:
...thanks???you mean thanks for destroying 2 entire populaces of innocent civilians?!?! think about that real quickly ass
ok so they bombed pearlharbor and destroyed our ships and injured our pacific fleet quite badly.
so in retaliation we tear hundreds of AMERICAN-japanese from their homes and take all of their land and send them into concentration camps because they have different colored skin and different names. my father was born in a concentration camp located in Arizona, his family lost tons of farming land which made american no better than the nazis IMO
and then fry innocent lives which included mothers, fathers, and little kids who were walking home from school. have you ever read any accounts from japanese/americans or even japanese about WWII??? you'd be suprised to find out not all of them supported the war.

that'd be like me kicking your dog and you coming over and killing my family and demanding an apology....fuck you
Old 11-06-2004, 10:15 AM   #17
guywithastang

are you guys kidding? What a bunch of bleeding heart liberal pussies. First off Japan loves us and we love them, They have had our back since day one. They have put WWII behind them, cant you?
The reason we can not give up is we need to get stability in that region. Iran will soon have nuclear capabilities, after that Israel will be toast. If we show the people in Iran that they can be free they will revolt, making us all safer.
Not only that the terrorists have lost much power. Osama could not attack so he sent us a video (wank, wank).
There is a reason the constitution gives us the right to bare arms. we, the people of the strongest nation in the world, are America's last resort. We are the defenders of this nation, of this world, and if you do not believe this than you are a fool, there is no grey area here. We must win.

sorry, I feel very strongly about this issue

You say VTEC, I say V-8
guywithastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 01:54 PM   #18
Violent Apathy

Quote:
Originally posted by guywithastang
If we show the people in Iran that they can be free they will revolt, making us all safer.

Yes, I'm sure the Iranian people want to end up exactly like the Iraqi people are now...

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 09:05 PM   #19
V8killimports

Quote:
...an apology???you mean thanks for destroying 2 entire populaces of innocent civilians?!?! think about that real quickly ass

I laugh at your post ... ha ha ha.. Do some reasearch.. us bombing nagasaki and hiroshima saved millions upon millions of japanese and american lives beacause we didn't have to invade the mainland.. so yes.. still waiting for my thanks. Please send candy and flowers with your card.

Yes, concentration camps here were wrong.. but they were nowhere NEAR nazi camps..
Old 11-06-2004, 09:30 PM   #20
drdingo21

^i completly agree.

Quote:
[b]...an apology???you mean thanks for destroying 2 entire populaces of innocent civilians?!?! think about that real quickly ass
you know, this ships weren't un-maned. 3,000 of our soliders died. Some of them drown to death in a capsized ship.

Quote:
Your not that bright are you? We are no where near like the Nazi. We feed people in our camps. We don't incerate them, or beat them for no reason. Before your form your own bullshit opnions, do some reasearch.

Quote:
V8 hit the nail on the head with his comment.

Last edited by drdingo21 : 11-07-2004 at 02:04 AM.
drdingo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 09:39 PM   #21
IALuder

fuck, we should have taken out Iran before Iraq. iran actaully has the WMDs not iraq. we attacked the wrong country.

Old 11-07-2004, 06:20 PM   #22
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by V8killimports
I laugh at your post ... ha ha ha.. Do some reasearch.. us bombing nagasaki and hiroshima saved millions upon millions of japanese and american lives beacause we didn't have to invade the mainland.. so yes.. still waiting for my thanks. Please send candy and flowers with your card.

Actually...whether or not it saved "millions upon millions" is a matter of debate. Nobody knows what would have happened without "the bomb" because...well...we dropped it. Twice. I'm not sure how anyone can rationalize the deaths of 3,000 with the deaths of hundreds of thousands...but ok. WWII could've been just as easily ended with the carpet bombing of each city...without the catastrophic death toll and shadows burned into sidewalks. Japan's acts in starting the war were cowardly and our way to end the war was cowardly...we all suck. To ask for a "thank you" is just downright being a horrible person in the lihgt that we all did somethinf wrong. And our nation's actions at home were absolutely dispicable. I don't know that I'd parallel them with nazi camps...but it sure as fuck wasn't Club Med over there.