.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Civic/Del Sol
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2002, 09:31 PM   #1
cashizslick

ATTENTION all Civic owners! Ask Yourselves this!!!

This is something i have been thinking about a lot recently.

Why do I drive a Honda Civic? Am I happy with my civic? It is not the fastest car on the road, and it is going to cost me alot of money to make it perforum the way i want it to.

Then i wondered why i bought my car in the first place. Did i buy it because i thought it was a performance beast just waiting to be driven? Did i read import tuner too much?

Why do i even still have it? Why havent i tried to sell it? Civics recieve so much critisizm for being ricy, trendy, and un-original; is that how i want to be seen by others?

Everybody wants to race me, everybody revs their engine, everybody tries to stare me down, all because i drive a modified Civic.

Ricers ask me where my altezzaz and my spoiler are, and domestic owners poke fun at my intake and exhaust note (look at the saxaphone under the hood, and the exhaust doesn't sound like my stang, therefore it's stupid).

Then I realized the answers to all of these questions. I bought my car because i did not know anything about cars, but wanted something that was reliable, had good styling, was not a domestic, had a good reputation, and would be fun to modify.

After thinking of these questions, i know one thing-I drive a Civic, and i drive it with pride.

I enjoy my car. I like the looks, the sound of the exhaust, and the reliability. . . i cant wait to drop in a B16A2.

Who cares what others think? Why let the opinions of others influence what you do with your time and money. Be original, do what you want with your car.

As Civic owners, we need not listen to the styling tips of ANYBODY,(yes, that includes other civic owners).

Drive your Civic with pride. Its a Honda Civic. It is a wonderfull automobile.

-I think we all should consider this.
Old 10-30-2002, 10:03 PM   #2
00 Si

AMEN!!

I mean I hate the big spoiler/altezza thing. But hey, if it's your car and you like it, who am I to say what you can and can't do.
Old 10-31-2002, 09:43 AM   #3
Mushroom

Wow. Insecurity problem? It's a car.

Sometimes I ask myself: why do I own a bungalow? They're so trendy, almost everyone on my street has one. I spend so much money trying to fix it up, and people with more expensive houses still laugh and point as they drive by. What's the point?
Old 10-31-2002, 09:58 AM   #4
4jacks

I often ask myself ... .. .. Why do I own Pants, They are soo unorginal, Everyone has them, MANY have pants just like mine! i own several pants, and it's always the same problem.. Everyone wears pants, I often think If i wore a skirt I could be different, I would be trendy. I could call it a kilt, and be scotish.

The answer my freinds !!!!
DONT WEAR PANTS !!!

Happy Honda'ing
4jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 10:32 AM   #5
AzCivic

Quote:
Originally posted by 4jacks
I often ask myself ... .. .. Why do I own Pants, They are soo unorginal, Everyone has them, MANY have pants just like mine! i own several pants, and it's always the same problem.. Everyone wears pants, I often think If i wore a skirt I could be different, I would be trendy. I could call it a kilt, and be scotish.

The answer my freinds !!!!
DONT WEAR PANTS !!!

AzCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 12:53 PM   #6
slowEJ6

id drive my civic - period - if i had better shocks and some 16" wheels.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 01:09 PM   #7
fadednite

i've always been partial to Hondas.
Old 10-31-2002, 01:19 PM   #8
Grip72

You guys were pants?
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 02:16 PM   #9
slowEJ6

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord17
You guys were pants?

no, i was never pants. but i do wear pants.
slowEJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 02:42 PM   #10
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

what kind of shocks do you have? and how low is the car? lookin like koni yellows are your only choice if your car is as low as it looks

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 06:39 PM   #11
ShagginJet

Quote:
was not a domestic

Is there really more to say... What other options are there? I could drive a hyundai (yeah right!!), can't afford the Nissan (3000GT) i want, Toyota sucks ass with every experience i've had with them, Mazda (??) who wants a Mazda besides the RX-7, WTF is a Daewoo or a KIA, Izuzu - do they still make cars, Mitsubishi - Once again can't afford the thing (300zx)...

The only other import I'd own besides a Low Cost Civic, is a WRX Subaru, but I can't afford one of those either.

**My civic has enough pick up and go to get me around town, tire screetching if i want, and within 6 months i'll be adding a turbo that'll take me up 30hp and add some additional torque. All this and I'll have spent less then what it'd cost for something a little quicker that's all stock.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 08:19 PM   #12
Kyle
elyK

Quote:
Originally posted by ShagginJet
Is there really more to say... What other options are there? I could drive a hyundai (yeah right!!), can't afford the Nissan (3000GT) i want, Toyota sucks ass with every experience i've had with them, Mazda (??) who wants a Mazda besides the RX-7, WTF is a Daewoo or a KIA, Izuzu - do they still make cars, Mitsubishi - Once again can't afford the thing (300zx)...

The only other import I'd own besides a Low Cost Civic, is a WRX Subaru, but I can't afford one of those either.

**My civic has enough pick up and go to get me around town, tire screetching if i want, and within 6 months i'll be adding a turbo that'll take me up 30hp and add some additional torque. All this and I'll have spent less then what it'd cost for something a little quicker that's all stock.

Nissan 300ZX
Mitsu 3000GT

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 11:30 PM   #13
ShagginJet

lol, sorry didn't sleep much last night....

Old 11-01-2002, 01:52 AM   #14
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

LMAO.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 02:03 PM   #15
SilVtec

Well, I bought my Honda Civic HX because my girlfriend at the time went out of state to college, and I needed gas mileage, and lets face it, the HX was the way to go. I knew nothing of modifying the car four years ago when I bought it. I bought it for the gas mileage, and because it looks sporty for a car that is not considered a sports car. Not only that, I did know at the time that Honda's are reliable cars, and we all know that we want reliability when it comes to our vehicles. That's why I bought my Civic.
Old 11-01-2002, 02:10 PM   #16
ShagginJet

Dude, the HX's rock.... can you say TURBO!!

Old 11-01-2002, 02:36 PM   #17
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

I drive a del sol because I like them....GO figure???żżż

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 03:11 PM   #18
imports_only98

Re: ATTENTION all Civic owners! Ask Yourselves this!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick

Then I realized the answers to all of these questions. I bought my car because i did not know anything about cars, but wanted something that was reliable, had good styling, was not a domestic, had a good reputation, and would be fun to modify.

I enjoy my car. I like the looks, the sound of the exhaust, and the reliability. . . i cant wait to drop in a B16A2.

Who cares what others think? Why let the opinions of others influence what you do with your time and money. Be original, do what you want with your car.

i couldn't agree more....there will always be naysayers...and you really have to take all that crap with a grain of salt. everyone has their own opinion whether its based on experience or preference. the most important thing to realize is that however u decide to style or mod your car...its kind of an extension of your personality...and no one really has the right to stiffle that. so go on and do the damn thang!! although...personally..im going with the b18c5...mmmm...grr!!!

-amy
Old 11-01-2002, 05:22 PM   #19
cashizslick

Re: Re: ATTENTION all Civic owners! Ask Yourselves this!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by imports_only98
i couldn't agree more....there will always be naysayers...and you really have to take all that crap with a grain of salt. everyone has their own opinion whether its based on experience or preference. the most important thing to realize is that however u decide to style or mod your car...its kind of an extension of your personality...and no one really has the right to stiffle that. so go on and do the damn thang!! although...personally..im going with the b18c5...mmmm...grr!!!

-amy

I couldnt agree more. I was kinda hoping this post would get more responses like this one, but oh well.
Old 11-01-2002, 05:38 PM   #20
4jacks

Re: Re: Re: ATTENTION all Civic owners! Ask Yourselves this!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by cashizslick
I couldnt agree more. I was kinda hoping this post would get more responses like this one, but oh well.

I'm sorry, the point is .. you will never be able to tell anyone that they made the wrong decision in such an investment as thier car. Even when you buy something as small as a candy bar in a vending machine, you look at all your options are, and decide what the best value for your money is. We joke about people who just go out and buy the first car that they see, but in reality their are very few people who are willing to say, Ya i went out and spent $15,000 on a peice of crap. You will never convince a Hyundia driver that he made a bad choice in buying his car. AND why should you, just becuase it wasn't the best VALUE to you doesn't mean it's not the best VALUE to HIM.

So Yes, I concure, all the civic owners should drive thier civics with pride, but let the Hyundia owner drive with pride also.

Sorry if that was long and pointless

Happy Honda'ing
Old 11-01-2002, 05:42 PM   #21
Kyle
elyK

I like Hyundia....
mmmm...tiburon

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 11-01-2002, 06:12 PM   #22
SilVtec

Quote:
Originally posted by ShagginJet
Dude, the HX's rock.... can you say TURBO!!

Yeah, the HX is a good Civic, and most people don't give it the credit that it deserves. I've heard people say that you can't give the HX any performance, but the EX can. I'll tell ya, the EX is nothing but an HX with VTEC, and the HX has VTEC-E, and that's why it has the gas mileage that it does. Also, the HX has the CVT transmission, but that can be a big plus as far as performance goes, cause my redline in 3rd gear is 100mph, and I think that the EX's is a little lower than that. I've beaten many EX's on the road before, so what I'm saying is that the HX can strike performance, and mine is living proof, so all you HX owners out there don't be discouraged.
Old 11-01-2002, 06:19 PM   #23
ShagginJet

A small turbo'd HX, t25 style, will still get great gas miles and will give you the additional 20hp.

I like the Hyundai's too, but I'd get their luxury model, v6, leather, cold ass AC... all for under 20k... lol. Put some 16"s on it, drop it a bit, two 15"s in the back, bump, bump, bump... Maybe a little zex or NOS kit.

Old 11-01-2002, 06:54 PM   #24
imports_only98

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle
I like Hyundia....
mmmm...tiburon

werd!! the new tiburons are sweet. gotta love that warrantee too...haha

-amy
Old 11-01-2002, 09:58 PM   #25
4jacks

Dang... i was trying to pick a brand that no one would like...

Please replace the Above "hyundia" with "Daewoo" ... we'll see how that goes .

Happy Honda'ing
Old 11-01-2002, 10:22 PM   #26
Kyle
elyK

lol DaeWoo...
those koreans tried...don't give it to them too hard.

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Old 11-02-2002, 02:41 PM   #27
armyguy5
3rd Gear

2 million civic owners can't be wrong

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 03:19 PM   #28
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by armyguy5
2 million civic owners can't be wrong

chris

true to that
Old 11-02-2002, 03:59 PM   #29
ShagginJet

2 million civic owners... can't be original.... It's how you mod your car that makes you who you are.

Old 11-02-2002, 09:30 PM   #30
thermal
Banning Machine

it was an accident why i bought my civic. i had a 92 Mazda MX3 V6. my A/C broke in the middle of a texas summer. to get the freakin thing fixed, i would've had to spend $1200. so used that $1200 as a down payment for newer and reliable car. now i'm hooked to modifying the civic. it was an accident. but NOT a mistake. i will always have this car unless it gets totalled.

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 12:26 PM   #31
cashizslick

Quote:
Originally posted by thermalfi'd16
it was an accident why i bought my civic. i had a 92 Mazda MX3 V6. my A/C broke in the middle of a texas summer. to get the freakin thing fixed, i would've had to spend $1200. so used that $1200 as a down payment for newer and reliable car. now i'm hooked to modifying the civic. it was an accident. but NOT a mistake. i will always have this car unless it gets totalled.

lets just hope it doesnt get totaled.

You know what i hat the most? when another enthusiast is like, "You shoudl get altezzas, or a cold air intake, or a body kit."

I try to tell them them that i have more important things i wish to buy first, and that this is a matter of personal preference.