Mischief

haha holy shit i've never heard of a phone insurance getting canceled

http://mensalmanac.com
Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #42
MissJDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCantSkate
you dont even know.... ive dropped one in a fish tank, kicked one ontop of a roof(drunk) and a hurricane came the next day and ruined it, one i though i could play football with.. bad idea. one i went swimming with, one i ran over, still worked then dropped it out of my car(not moving, was sitting on my lap and i stood up) and it fell apart, same day. one of them i fell on while skating and cracked the screen, one of them was "full of sand" or at least thats what they told me. the last broken one i actually just wore out from small drops, throwing it in the "phone charging area" of my living room and general mistreatment. my current phone fell off my balcony a few days ago but apears to be ok besides its normal shittyness

then cingular had the nerve to cancel my phone insurance saying i was a "high risk". i wonder why.

We go through Lockline and I think you're allowed to insure a phone three times a year. You're horrible if you got canceled! You should just get on ebay and get a phone next time, rather than paying the $50 deductible everytime for the same exact phone.

RAZR is great. SLVR is great. However, the SLVR cannot be insured which is ghey times two.

you say it best when you say nothing at all
MissJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #43
MissJDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwikR6
I haven't touched the internet yet man. I have no reason to. I have a computer right in front of me

Hey you, who is your service provider up there?

Old 05-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #44
MissJDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabouncerx24
Well, first of all, it's a Sony Ericsson, which is notorious for bad user interface. The MP3 feature is loud but without clarity, and the reception is average. It doesn't even use a memory chip...go for the higher model, the W900i (?).

the w600i is actually one of my favorite phones to sell. The reception is great in my area, and I live in a fairly small town with few Cingular towers and few Cingular roaming towers. I would go for the w900i too, for the quality but always keep in mind when getting a NON- Cingular phone (esp. one for $400+) that it cannot be insured. That would suck if you broke it. Trust me, I've done it.

If you absolutely want music and you want to be able to buy a memory chip, get a S710a which the model before the W600i but I actually like it a little better. It still swivels, still has the 1.3 megapixel but one thing I like about mien is that it uses a mino sd card. I like the screen on it better, too! The camera is also cooler looking. Granted, the w600i was advertised and designed for music but I still like my s710 > w600i.

Or if you want something newer, try the SLVR. Up to a gig I think.

Another phone that we're launching soon is the V3i. RAZR but with iTunes. Should be kind of nifty.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #45
MissJDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict
I've got a Treo 650 right now. The first of May I'll be picking up a Samsung A-900.

Those of you with Verizon may want to hold off for this bad boy.....

Samsung A990
http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=1685

If it launched, would you choose the Treo 700 > the a900? I think the a900 is the only reason I would ever switch to spring... it's the hotness!!!

Old 05-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #46
MissJDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabouncerx24
Two of my best friends and my mom uses a Razr (so do everyone else around me)..which is what stirred me away from one. I got this instead..

http://www.nokia.com.tr/pics/phones/...80_noflash.jpg

very nice phone. I used the cingular 6682 last year before it got recalled. have you used much of the UMTS yet? I was wondering if Cingular would give you the WAP settings for it..because that'd be way cool.

edit: temporarily recalled. :rollseyes: it's back now but Nokia USA is still kinda stinkin' it up!

Old 05-04-2006, 10:50 PM   #47
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJDM
If it launched, would you choose the Treo 700 > the a900? I think the a900 is the only reason I would ever switch to spring... it's the hotness!!!
It depends on your usage. For business, the Treo 700 or 650 is the ONLY way to go (6700 is nice too). For most people, the A900 or A920 is the way to rock. I've owned a Treo 650 and I loved it (sed alot for my jobs). But it got to be bulky at times when I wasn't working (try clubbin with a Treo; ain't happenin).
Old 05-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #48
MissJDM

Quote:
It depends on your usage. For business, the Treo 700 or 650 is the ONLY way to go (6700 is nice too). For most people, the A900 or A920 is the way to rock. I've owned a Treo 650 and I loved it (sed alot for my jobs). But it got to be bulky at times when I wasn't working (try clubbin with a Treo; ain't happenin).

I don't agree that it's the ONLY way to go. The new Cingular 8125 is pretty spiffy, too. Try the smartphone + pda all in one. Anyway, I was just wondering what you'd go for. A lot of my customers walk into my store choosing looks over features and I was wondering why. If you use a Treo for business AND clubbin, try getting a more compact phone on eBay or something. It sounds silly, but a lot of people have been likin' that idea.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:09 AM   #49
dabouncerx24

Quote:
very nice phone. I used the cingular 6682 last year before it got recalled. have you used much of the UMTS yet? I was wondering if Cingular would give you the WAP settings for it..because that'd be way cool.

edit: temporarily recalled. :rollseyes: it's back now but Nokia USA is still kinda stinkin' it up!

I'm actually on T-Mobile right now .
Can you explain those two acronyms?

Like many other 6680 users, the given flashware sucks ass and gives all kinds of problems..since its an import not supported by Nokia USA, what should I do?
dabouncerx24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:07 AM   #50
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
I don't agree that it's the ONLY way to go. The new Cingular 8125 is pretty spiffy, too. Try the smartphone + pda all in one.
Smartphones are what you would call that category of phones (PDA + Phone). The Treo 700 is Windows Mobile as well. As is the 6700 that I mentioned (which looks strangely ALOT like the 8125).

When it comes to smartphones, its a matter of preference. I prefer the Palm OS over the Windows Mobile. Its much easier to navigate with a single and without a stylus than the Windows Mobile (though it has gotten better). Since I've owned a Treo 650, an IPAQ & many regular cell phones I speak from experience on that. The only reason I parted ways with my Treo was size. I wasn't using enough for business to justify keeping it.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #51
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Hey you, who is your service provider up there?
For my Phone it's sasktel

For my internet it's Telus.
Why?

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #52
MissJDM

Quote:
Smartphones are what you would call that category of phones (PDA + Phone). The Treo 700 is Windows Mobile as well. As is the 6700 that I mentioned (which looks strangely ALOT like the 8125).

When it comes to smartphones, its a matter of preference. I prefer the Palm OS over the Windows Mobile. Its much easier to navigate with a single and without a stylus than the Windows Mobile (though it has gotten better). Since I've owned a Treo 650, an IPAQ & many regular cell phones I speak from experience on that. The only reason I parted ways with my Treo was size. I wasn't using enough for business to justify keeping it.

Finally, someone that agrees. I've always had a Palm since 15 so that's why I opted to try the 600 and 650. I'm used to the OS and the Windows is overwhelming. Did you know that Cingular's version had like 6 software glitches? Maybe that's why we haven't heard anything about the 700 for us .

Smartphones to me, and just about everyone else in the Cingular world are more on the lines of a Audiovox5600 / MPX220 / Cingular 2125. Phones that are more affordable with the syncing/windows capabilities. The 8125 is the first phone we've had on the brink of Smartphone AND PDA.

Let me know how the a900 goes. I've been getting lots of reviews online as a selling tool. The only reason I'm having regular-use consumers consider Sprint is for that phone.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #53
MissJDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwikR6
For my Phone it's sasktel

For my internet it's Telus.
Why?

Just wondered.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:51 PM   #54
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Did you know that Cingular's version had like 6 software glitches? Maybe that's why we haven't heard anything about the 700 for us .
Cingular and everyone else. It had/has quite a few bugs with Verizon as well.
Quote:
Let me know how the a900 goes. I've been getting lots of reviews online as a selling tool. The only reason I'm having regular-use consumers consider Sprint is for that phone.
Will do. So far the A900 is a great non-power user phone. The battery life is shorter than my Treo (as expected) and the bluetooth thus far has proven to be shady at best. I'm returning the high end Jabra JX10 today since it has some static issues. Its likely the phone is the root cause.

The media and Power Vision are amazing though. The size & weight are great too. Almost too light! lol
Old 05-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #55
KwikR6
Mind Blowing

Quote:
Just wondered.
Fair enough?

The epitome of stupidity is expressed so fluidly with the shity lyric theory you try to spit at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!!!
KwikR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #56
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

well im onto my next phone. a motorola v550 i think. flip phone with a camera. my last one had the screen crack and then i shot an arrow through it to "stress test" it. it failed

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #57
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i bet the insurance guys are reading chris' post

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote