Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2004, 08:23 PM   #1
MAXed Out
6th Gear

POPO's again.

Today i took my bro's accord to school. When i got out i got on it a lil but nothing major. I was behind this garbage truck and all of the sudden boom... the christmas tree was behind me. Im like WTF did i do now. He comes up to my window he was why are u in such a hurry. I replied that i wasn't going above the speed limit but then he said that one of us was bsing and was like its not me. He tells me to get out of the car so i do. He checks me for any narcotics and shit then asks me for my license. I give it to him then he goes in the cruiser and tells me to wait behind the accord. He comes out with a ticked and makes me sign it after he explains to me what he wrote me up for and guess what it was. "folowing too close" isn't that bs. Im thinking wtf is that. THe bad part is i called the court and they said its an automatic 2 points even tho i never heard of some bs like that. U guys have any idea on what i should tell the judge?
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
MAXed Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:25 PM   #2
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

So were you tailgating the truck? If so, its going to be pretty hard to get out of it I'd think...

That sucks

--Need hosting for your pics on HST? PM me...--
94_AcCoRd_EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:32 PM   #3
AkimboStylee

pay the ticket and goto driver school to remove the points
Old 04-28-2004, 08:34 PM   #4
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by 94_AcCoRd_EX
So were you tailgating the truck? If so, its going to be pretty hard to get out of it I'd think...

That sucks

To be honest with u wasn't close to it at all. It might of said keep 500 feet behind but i didn't see it. THat's the only thing guess i have.
1997 Maxima SE 5spd, Stillen Body Kit, Warpspeed Y & B pipes, Magnaflow Muffler, Koni Yellows & Tein S-tech springs, JVC Headunit, Directed 7" in dash screen,Stillen Intake, red/clear tail lights, AE mod, Paceseter STS, EL-Glow Gauges, Clutchmasters FX300 Clutch, rebuilt tranny, 19" Mille Miglia Evo 5's with Pirelli Pzero's(summer), 18" Hp D-10 hyper silver wrapped in Goodyear ultra HPR, SPW front strut bar, Helios 7000k HID, Motostorm UDP, Viper 5000Vx alarm, 2 12" PowerClass 124 subs, Kenwood 1200 Watt amp, DVD Changer
Old 04-28-2004, 09:00 PM   #5
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MAXed Out
To be honest with u wasn't close to it at all. It might of said keep 500 feet behind but i didn't see it. THat's the only thing guess i have.

That sucks... you should have asked the cop why he wrote the ticket then...

Anyway, yeah take driver school if you can.. in Oregon we can't.

Old 04-28-2004, 09:07 PM   #6
ShagginJet

You usually can't go to traffic school for 2 pointers. I suggest you look up the vehicle code, post it here, and then i'll tell you how to school the fucker. I've had so many tickets i might as well become a traffic lawyer.

http://63.249.135.19/hdrive/car/index.htm
ShagginJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 09:34 PM   #7
MAXed Out
6th Gear

What do u mean the vehicle code ? Are u talking about the offense number/ordinance number or something like that. Cause if u are the # is 331.09. Thanks mang.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:51 PM   #8
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

dude you are a damn hitch hiker. you follow way too close. i know the rr popos are real popos, and the city is strapped for cash too.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:12 AM   #9
mylittlecivic

That sucks! haha i never heard them called christmas trees before

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:41 AM   #10
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
That sucks! haha i never heard them called christmas trees before

Neither have i. I got it from hondaman-iac.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:15 AM   #11
Fatal070

yeah ....COPS= ... i dont think i ever told u guys i got pulled over 3 months ago for "running a stop sign" o well i fought it and won if i would have loss 3 points chulked up...
Old 04-29-2004, 07:55 AM   #12
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Yeah i need to win this bitch or i get fired cause were not allowed to have any points on our licenses or the duds insurance goes sky high. Yo Fatal how did u get out of it?
Old 04-29-2004, 08:02 AM   #13
Fatal070

well to honest man , my mom knew a cop from the same department and worked out a deal with him i still pay the fine but no points so i really lost but i won NO POINTS ... u should go down there and talk to the cop ask him if u fight it if he'll still give u points but ull pay the fine .... ur gonna have to talk to him ask hiim if he'll do this for u. the reasson cops might do that is they like going to court ... they get paid time and a half to go so i say fight it... but talk to him also
Old 04-29-2004, 08:50 AM   #14
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Well the thing is i have to go to juvenile court since im not 18 yet. And the cop that gave me the ticket is from another district. I might go in there and talked to the cop but its the judge that makes the decision not the cop
Old 04-29-2004, 09:34 AM   #15
biker's back

something tells me you wouldnt have got a ticket if yuo didnt come off like a punk. I dunno what it is but just from teh sounds of your talking it comes off like you'd have been a punk kid driving aggressively.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:13 AM   #16
Fatal070

yeah dnt ever be a punk 2 a cop its just a bad idea... na man if u talk to the cop he'll talk to the judge...
Old 04-29-2004, 07:50 PM   #17
MAXed Out
6th Gear

i guess i was a bit of an ass but c'mon i think he was hating on the street racing scene.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:02 PM   #18
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

umm right, how come i never got pulled over in the accord ? once for no front plate and that's it

Old 04-29-2004, 08:08 PM   #19
Kool-Aid

I must be lucky (knock on wood) because I haven't received a ticket in years...they were both for speeding though...nothing bazzar like that...
Old 04-29-2004, 08:10 PM   #20
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
umm right, how come i never got pulled over in the accord ? once for no front plate and that's it

I dunno it's maybe just the cops they dont seem to like me or something but i fucking hate them all to. I need a courtesy card
Old 04-29-2004, 08:28 PM   #21
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
i guess i was a bit of an ass but c'mon i think he was hating on the street racing scene.

Dude, if you were an ass, just plead guilty and get on with it.

Hating on the street racing scene when you were allegedly tailgating a trash truck? Sounds kinda lame to me.

Old 04-29-2004, 08:36 PM   #22
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

umm i am pretty sure my accord can beat a trash truck pretty easy, so no race there

Old 04-29-2004, 08:37 PM   #23
94_AcCoRd_EX
Insomniac Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
umm i am pretty sure my accord can beat a trash truck pretty easy, so no race there

Haha, that's good

Old 04-29-2004, 09:31 PM   #24
MAXed Out
6th Gear

That's the thing i was not tailgating. It was the right distance but the truck might of had the "keep 500 feet behind" sign on it. Thats the only explanation i can up with on why he wrote me the damn ticket. Im pleading not guilty and keep postponing court dates until i turn 18 and then they can kiss my ass.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:05 AM   #25
esthirteen

heh, thats kind of a dumb reason to get a ticket. you know whats even dumber though, is getting a cruising ticket. lol, my friend got one for $77.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:38 AM   #26
MAXed Out
6th Gear

What the hell is a crusing ticket?
Old 04-30-2004, 08:54 AM   #27
esthirteen

well, we were in Milwaukee on highway 100. stretch of 5 miles with 3 lanes on each side. it was the first time ive been there and i went with sohc_vtec 2NR and his civic, my car, and my friends turbo laser (with non-turbo sticker, lol). Well, i guess there was an explorer or something taking down license plates and how many times you pass by. I guess cruising is illegal because they pulled friend over in his laser. $77 i never knew it was illegal to cruise. its dumb if you ask me
Old 04-30-2004, 09:46 AM   #28
biker's back

Quote:
That's the thing i was not tailgating. It was the right distance but the truck might of had the "keep 500 feet behind" sign on it. Thats the only explanation i can up with on why he wrote me the damn ticket. Im pleading not guilty and keep postponing court dates until i turn 18 and then they can kiss my ass.

theres a time in your life when you have to start being responsible for your actions. Now would be that time, its called growing up. Now that you drive a machine that could easily take the lives of members of society you need to start realizing the law will find you if you drive like a punk. sooner or later everything catches up to you and nothing you say here or in court will cover up the fact yuo drove stupidly for no reason and came off like a punk to the officer.

I dont even have to know you, know the situation or the officer. BUt if I was that judge you're going to see, there's no way you would be getting off coming in saying you didnt do anythign wrong. Officers rarely pick on the people that dont stand out. Try acting more responsible and realizing you did mess up and prepare to be punished.

Just so yuo know, I do know where yuo are coming from and you're driving habits will lead you down a path you dont want to visit. I am one of those aggresive drivers. Its cost me 15k so far, plus the loss of my car and worst off almost the lives of 4 of my closest friends. This one ticket means very little in the sceme of things, take it as what it is; a lesson!
Old 05-01-2004, 03:06 PM   #29
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally posted by biker's back
theres a time in your life when you have to start being responsible for your actions. Now would be that time, its called growing up. Now that you drive a machine that could easily take the lives of members of society you need to start realizing the law will find you if you drive like a punk. sooner or later everything catches up to you and nothing you say here or in court will cover up the fact yuo drove stupidly for no reason and came off like a punk to the officer.

I dont even have to know you, know the situation or the officer. BUt if I was that judge you're going to see, there's no way you would be getting off coming in saying you didnt do anythign wrong. Officers rarely pick on the people that dont stand out. Try acting more responsible and realizing you did mess up and prepare to be punished.

Just so yuo know, I do know where yuo are coming from and you're driving habits will lead you down a path you dont want to visit. I am one of those aggresive drivers. Its cost me 15k so far, plus the loss of my car and worst off almost the lives of 4 of my closest friends. This one ticket means very little in the sceme of things, take it as what it is; a lesson!

Yeah i know where ur going with this and I understand what ur saying . What im saying is that i wasnt close to the truck at all. I would of been cool if ticketed for speeding cause i know i was over the speed limit but i know the distance between me and that truck was more than 2 seconds plus the truck was going well under the speed limit. But in the end i still think it's better i didn't get a speeding ticked and ended up with this.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:30 AM   #30
MAXed Out
6th Gear

Decided on what im gonna do. The lawyer said he'll only charge me 150 to represent me. SO im gonna have him represent me but also have him postpone it till after i turn 18.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:32 PM   #31
AkimboStylee

just pay the ticket it is cheaper in the long run!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 08:09 PM   #32
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well the problem is in ohio if you have 2 tickets when you are under eighteen you will loose your license till you turn 18, so that's why all the postponing

Old 05-04-2004, 08:10 PM   #33
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

and yeah he has less than 2 months till he turns 18, but knowing what a nut my brother is, i could see a few more tickets till then

Old 05-04-2004, 09:44 PM   #34
AkimboStylee

i see i see