::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2002, 01:22 PM   #1
inspecta83

haltec, dfi, hondata, or what?

just wondering which would be best for a boosted b18b1...hondata, haltec, dfi or whatever else is out there. i am assuming that haltec is prob the best b/c its the most expensive, but just wanted some more input as to why which ever one is better than the others. and the pros/cons. thanks
Old 11-20-2002, 01:24 AM   #2
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

stick with hondata 2b

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 03:56 AM   #3
Almighty-Si

Re: haltec, dfi, hondata, or what?

Quote:
Originally posted by inspecta83
just wondering which would be best for a boosted b18b1...hondata, haltec, dfi or whatever else is out there. i am assuming that haltec is prob the best b/c its the most expensive, but just wanted some more input as to why which ever one is better than the others. and the pros/cons. thanks

All those systems are good but I would go with the Hondata system. Even though less expensive than the Haltech the Hondata does everything that it can do plus, there are alot of Hondata users around so if you need some help with tuning it would be easier to get help. Also Hondata has kick ass customer service, the guys there will bend over backwards to try and help with any problems that you may have with there system, really good people there.

Get yourself a 2B with datalogging, you will like it.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:26 AM   #4
inspecta83

cool...i was leaning towards the hondata anyway. i was originally going to get the 2B until i recently went on the hondata website and saw that they now have newer systems out (s100 and s200). it says that unless you have a PR3 or a PW0 that you should use these newer systems instead of the older (2/2B/3/4 etc) systems. since i will be using a PR4 i am assuming that i should be using one of the newer systems, but am not sure which one. i think that i am going to end up just contacting hondata and asking them, but i tend to believe that i'll end up getting the s200 b/c its better (although i am not yet sure entirely why this is so).
Old 11-20-2002, 09:40 PM   #5
thermal
Banning Machine

yeah, i would stick with hondata. i agree with Almighty Si's comment

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 09:00 AM   #6
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i will strengthen the hondata suggestion, everyone i've herd of that is running one is more than pleased. a guy i know is about to get his AEM EMS installed and tuned, i'll let you guys know how he likes it when i hear back from him

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 10:24 AM   #7
NastyontheNOS

Inspecta,I like the Speed-Pro or FAST fuel injection systems, the option with a wide band O2 sensore learns the fuel cuve with basic engine info that will put the fuel curve very close to what it should be and allows tunning where you feel is needed. Also the datalogging is awsome. A system like that would set you back about $1995.00 but the amount of time and head ache you save on tunning is worth it. You should probably check how big of a fuel injector the Hondata system can handle, if your going forced induction your going to want to run a big injector. I don't know about the Hondata systems and don't want to bad mouth them but if you have to work off the stock fuel curve I would't go to crazy on the horsepower expectations and also see if the system intergrates a 2 or 3 bar mapsensor, very important. I like the DFI systems also, they have a harness made to fit the B engines and will work with Honda sensors another plus is that the development was made on Lisa Kubo's car. I'll do my homework on the Hondata system see if I may learn something new but if you need more info let me know, I work with Accel DFI, Speed-Pro, Haltech, and Microtec if you need a little more insight give me a call. One luv rasta.

Alex Costa
Precision Machined Engines
1-800-665-0405
Old 11-21-2002, 11:34 AM   #8
Almighty-Si

Quote:
Originally posted by NastyontheNOS
Inspecta,I like the Speed-Pro or FAST fuel injection systems, the option with a wide band O2 sensore learns the fuel cuve with basic engine info that will put the fuel curve very close to what it should be and allows tunning where you feel is needed. Also the datalogging is awsome. A system like that would set you back about $1995.00 but the amount of time and head ache you save on tunning is worth it. You should probably check how big of a fuel injector the Hondata system can handle, if your going forced induction your going to want to run a big injector. I don't know about the Hondata systems and don't want to bad mouth them but if you have to work off the stock fuel curve I would't go to crazy on the horsepower expectations and also see if the system intergrates a 2 or 3 bar mapsensor, very important. I like the DFI systems also, they have a harness made to fit the B engines and will work with Honda sensors another plus is that the development was made on Lisa Kubo's car. I'll do my homework on the Hondata system see if I may learn something new but if you need more info let me know, I work with Accel DFI, Speed-Pro, Haltech, and Microtec if you need a little more insight give me a call. One luv rasta.

Alex Costa
Precision Machined Engines
1-800-665-0405

The Hondata system can handle larger injectors and normally call for 440cc injectors but, I know of someone using 550cc injectors with his system. Not sure how much bigger injectors the system could handle cause I dont know someone personally that is using anything bigger than those, I will have to check into that. Hondata also uses all the factory sensors in help with the tuning though it doesn't come with a wideband O2 sensor I think that it has an option to have one added, again I have to check on that. Hondata also says that you can go up to 11psi of boost with the stock map sensor but anything after that will require you to change it out with a 3 bar map sensor.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:12 PM   #9
NastyontheNOS

Sounds like the system is set up for poeple looking to keep it close to stock or mildly worked engine set ups or more toward normally asperatied engines.