::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2002, 06:46 PM   #1
juvenile

1993 Nissan Maxima SE

Ok I found this car and if I get a chance (will find out soon, within 1-2 days) I'll most likely get it.
The things that I found wrong while test driving it was the power locks button and the driverside auto power button didn't work, and A/C wasn't working.
And it sounded like a belt was loose and somewhat lack of power, maybe it's just me though.

Comment: 4 door, V6, 3.0 litre, 24 valve, 190 Hp, auto., A/C, fully loaded, power glass sunroof, power seat, air bags, alloy wheels, AM/FM cassette, black over black leather. Good km. Call for more details. $6488. GTA AUTO (416)661-0800 (CBYXWL)

Is that a good price for it? Canadian price remember.
What are the positives/negatives of the car?
Any bad things that might go wrong, as in tranny usually has issues or etc. Basically tell me everything you know
thanks
Old 09-05-2002, 06:52 PM   #2
PoleMan14

how many miles?
Old 09-05-2002, 06:54 PM   #3
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by PoleMan14
how many miles?
Old 09-05-2002, 07:16 PM   #4
Spazum888
3rd Gear

for $6400 for a 93..... grrrr i think you can do better.

Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
well, you can stil get one from a strange country :-P
Spazum888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 07:20 PM   #5
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Spazum888
for $6400 for a 93..... grrrr i think you can do better.

you know thats canadian $$ right? thats like 4266 USD
Old 09-05-2002, 07:24 PM   #6
Spazum888
3rd Gear

haha well then thats different

Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken.
well, you can stil get one from a strange country :-P
Spazum888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 07:58 PM   #7
juvenile

tips people...tips about car tech would help.
meaning reliability
any problems etc.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:07 PM   #8
Kyle
elyK

I really don't think that car is worth it...i mean...even 4k is too much for that car IMO...thats just me though...

EXPLORE THE TRUTH
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 09:25 PM   #9
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

i think it's a bit too much for a 93, and so many things not working. the AC might cost anywhere from 200-1500USD, and all the electrical stuff ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 09:26 PM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

and i must add that if the car got in that condition, there is a good chance the engine did not get proper maintenance

Old 09-05-2002, 09:35 PM   #11
mt.biker

looks like hes not getting the car after all... :(
Old 09-05-2002, 09:40 PM   #12
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

he'd be better in the concorde than wasting money on a POS car, that will take him to dealer everyday

Old 09-06-2002, 06:43 AM   #13
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaman-iac
he'd be better in the concorde than wasting money on a POS car, that will take him to dealer everyday

i dunno i think its a better car then he has now.. the concorde is gonna need more work soon
Old 09-06-2002, 08:59 AM   #14
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

Check out reviews and such on sites like http://carpoint.msn.com and www.edmunds.com

I personally think its an ugly ass car IMO.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:30 AM   #15
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

$6488 CDN = $4,139.87 US
Blue Book is $4,455

Honestly I think you should look for something else. I think the older Maximas are ugly as hell. Not to mention all the issues you listed above will require additional funds.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:49 PM   #16
juvenile

I actually love the look of the car! I think it's really nice.
The things I'm going to either make the guy fix or tell him to take off the price tag. I'm not buying it as is!
and remember the market here is different than what you have there.
Cars are more expensive in Canada!
Old 09-06-2002, 11:39 PM   #17
mt.biker

one thing you have to remember dimitry is hes not gonna give you a new a/c.. no one is. Its not worth his time to fix it, your buying a used car not a new one. If you want sercurity you have to pay more for it. This car is in mint condition inside, everything else is great, a/c can be fixed but maybe not by him.

If i was you, i would figure out what car you want and then go buy it, because from the sounds of it your just looking for a good deal and thats a scatter brain approach
Old 09-07-2002, 12:51 AM   #18
juvenile

dude let me do my thing. I'm still gonna go there with my dad and talk with him about all the stuff. Everyone has their own strategies and choices.
He still is saying that eveyrhint in the car should work. Just don't worry about it. And there is still hope my dad will sponsor (lol) some of the car.
Old 09-07-2002, 08:15 AM   #19
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
dude let me do my thing. I'm still gonna go there with my dad and talk with him about all the stuff. Everyone has their own strategies and choices.
He still is saying that eveyrhint in the car should work. Just don't worry about it. And there is still hope my dad will sponsor (lol) some of the car.

oh cooo
Old 09-07-2002, 11:34 AM   #20
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

If you like, then get it. I personally don't like them, but that's just my opinion. I'm not gonna be driving it.

Just make sure you get a good deal on it. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 09-07-2002, 12:23 PM   #21
juvenile

Well me and my dad went there and after a closer inspection, this car ain't worth it's money. Since my dad has experience buying used cars, he knows where to look. This car is beginning to rust...badly in spots. Give it another 1-2 years and they'll be big.
Basically with little things here to there, + rust + a/c not working + the power all and the loss of performance...I just took my downpayment back. Phew! Oh well...so the game goes on.
Old 09-07-2002, 12:41 PM   #22
mt.biker

Quote:
Well me and my dad went there and after a closer inspection, this car ain't worth it's money. Since my dad has experience buying used cars, he knows where to look. This car is beginning to rust...badly in spots. Give it another 1-2 years and they'll be big.
Basically with little things here to there, + rust + a/c not working + the power all and the loss of performance...I just took my downpayment back. Phew! Oh well...so the game goes on.

its to bad dude that there was that much rust and shit.. cause the inside was sweet! you guys on this board would have loved it... fully loaded, black leather dam nice ride
Old 09-07-2002, 01:10 PM   #23
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Better you found out prior to buying it. Just keep searching. Don't jump the gun just to get a car. Get what you really want.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:26 PM   #24
Grip72

Ya man...my first truck I fell in love with it was an 1983 Toyota 4x4 single cab with roll bars and 31" tires. It looked pretty nice but it was a shitbox being so old and what not. Then after i sold it i was looking for a car and i almost bought a 1992 Chevy Lumina, i'm so glad i didn't now that i have my car. I just took er easy and drove my parents car for a bit and one day, out of nowhere, the car i'm driving/owning now appeared for sale. It'll come dude, in the meantime, good luck.
Grip72 is offline   Reply With Quote