Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2003, 07:46 PM   #1
VR4_Craver
Banned

Damn The Bank!!

I get a little peice of paper in the mail the other day telling me that my account was overdrawn....not good. I go to the bank and find that they are charging me 28$ because of that. And the next day i got another saying i own them 87 dollars.....Here i started crying..... But know DAMN IT I AM SO MAD!!!! just needed to vent...bastard bank one
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:06 PM   #2
pdiggitydogg
Yahoo Watashi wa kattaze!

I hate banks...but most of my hate is directed toward National City...my branch specifically............bastards
pdiggitydogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
ChrisCantSkate
Thought Police

i had that problem at the begining of the year... it sucked. 3 days strait just giving the bank a hard time before i herd anything

Many dreams come true, and some have silver linings.
I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.
ChrisCantSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 09:43 PM   #4
cashizslick

YOu gotta love how the banks are always open when you need to deposite money, but are always closed when you try to get it back
Old 11-10-2003, 01:10 AM   #5
Loki

Wow dude, I so feel your pain. What I find the most annoying is that you can overdraft your account and you can still buy things until you get to a place like a gas station where it will deny your card. This exact thing happened to me a month ago. My old landlord sat on a rent check for like 2 months and I forgot about it. The guy then cashes it, overdrafting my account and the two things that I had bought the day the tard got around to cashing my check eached got a $26 overdraft fee, thank you very much national city.

That is very frustrating, and they aren't even open when I want to deposit money in. I deposit EVERYTHING via the atm. Oh and National City's online banking is virtually useless. You get no deatails on the purchases you made very much unlike what they will tell you in the bank in the remote chance you can make it there when they are open.

Wow, I could go on about banks for a while. I should probably stop though. Sorry, I'm tui here. Hopefully this is readable.
Old 11-10-2003, 02:32 AM   #6
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

The truely sick thing is that's legal. If you withdrew $1 over your balance they can charge you whatever they want for an "over limit" fee. I never signed any papers to the effect that they could do that but apparently they thought it would be ok to charge me $20 if I went even $.01 over. Then they told me to get the overdraw "benefits" taken off I'd have to close my account and start another one. F@ck banks.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 07:24 AM   #7
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

doesn't national city have like an overdraft protection plan ? i know for like $.99/mo you can get that and you can go below 0 and new deposits will go towards repaying the bank. and when i had my checking acct with them they offeredme that after the first overdrawing.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 08:29 AM   #8
VR4_Craver
Banned

Bank one is useless they suck i hate them. They too offfered the overdraft protection...and i have it....yet they charge me 28$ A DAY for being overdrawn. I was overdrawn for 3 days before i knew it....I think thazt we need a smiley flipping someone off....
the geekz0r (11:03:46 PM): basicly, look at it this way...the 6speed is the same is the 5speed in 2,3,4,5,and 6...only the speeds are different because of the fd
the geekz0r (11:04:16 PM): so 2nd pulls like 1st in the 5speed, 3rd is like 2nd, etc.
PortugeeTex (11:04:26 PM): so whats 1st like then?
the geekz0r (11:04:49 PM): 1st is like hitting a cheeta in the ass with a tazer
PortugeeTex (11:04:53 PM): lmfao
VR4_Craver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 09:18 PM   #9
DumbMoFo

Quicken or Microsoft Money is your friend.

Don't go by what the balance is when you check at the atm, check your balance based on what you have in your register after writing checks/using atm card.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:44 AM   #10
armyguy5
3rd Gear

yea stuff from iraq is now posting at random and makin my account overdrawn

chris
  • Cold Air Intake, Front Strut Bar, MTX Thunder 6000 10", Gunmetal Altezza Tail Lights, Short Throw Shifter, Factory Side Skirts and Rear lip, JDM front Lip, Thermal R&D stealth exhaust, 16" Rota Slipstreams in Bronze, Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/XM RADIO, Legacy L7M in car video
armyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 06:52 AM   #11
spoogenet

First rule, don't use Bank1. They are more evil than any other bank I can think of.

Second rule, don't overdraft your account. Yeah it can be tough, especially when somebody sits on a check for a long time and you forget about it.....but that's why you balance everything yourself. In which case you'll know exactly how much money *should* be in the account regardless of what is.....so don't spend what money is there that shouldn't be there.

You can also easily get a PDA and enter things as you buy them using the PDA, then sync up.

b
Old 11-11-2003, 03:01 PM   #12
mylittlecivic

I havent done the whole bank thing yet, never felt the need im my own banker, at least till i start making money

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:20 AM   #13
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
I havent done the whole bank thing yet, never felt the need im my own banker, at least till i start making money

Send me your money, I'll be your bank.

b
Old 11-12-2003, 12:38 PM   #14
pbateson

Bank of America?
Old 11-12-2003, 11:20 PM   #15
mylittlecivic

Quote:
Originally posted by spoogenet
Send me your money, I'll be your bank.

b

you want a box full of pennies?

Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6 but..what do i know..i'm drunk...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisCantSkate
.."Fer crissakes, Paddy, that's yer air freshener!"
Quote:
Originally posted by KwikR6
I'm not white. I'm Canadian.
mylittlecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 07:58 AM   #16
spoogenet

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittlecivic
you want a box full of pennies?

Sure, but I'm not paying shipping to get them to me.

b