.:HSTuners::

::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions > Battle of the Sexes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2002, 11:18 PM   #1
mt.biker

whats making biker tick

Well this has become a last resort, maybe by writing this out I’ll feel better after.

Most of you know I broke up with my girlfriend (Amanda) about 2 and half months ago. Well it seemed to be going alright; I was recovering from being in a bad relationship and enjoying all the free time I know had/have. It seemed alright; I broke off all talks with her and only saw her in the halls.

Then she stops going to school for 2 weeks and I’m like ok. Any bad feelings I was having seemed to fade into the background as I have the car, my friends and did I mention I didn’t see her for two weeks. Then boom back she comes, new boyfriend and all. Needless to say I’m not at stage 3 of the break up stages (earlier posts) I’m still at stage 1 or in my own stage before stage 1.

I’ve noticed a change in myself lately too; I seem less like the fun loving guy I used to be and more just going through the motions of life. A women at work told me my eyes looked hallow and something about my color being different. I figured my eyes were showing how I was feeling as they say your eyes are a window to the soul. Kind of got me scared to tell you the truth. I’ve never had anyone say anything like that in my life, most people (typically girls) comment on the color of my eyes (blue).

Well nothing seems to be working to get me out of the slump, driving doesn’t do much for me anymore; to be honest I drive slower now. Biking, well that’s like a part of me more then driving is so its doing alright. Friends are good just for some reason I want to spend more time alone, it’s really weird because I’m typically a really social person. Family wise nothing has change Dad still comes and goes to and from SF to T.O.

So I’m really at a loss as to what I do next. I know it most likely doesn’t involve a new girlfriend because that would just create more troubles. But I’ve tried just about everything and you know what? It’s not working!

Btw it didn’t go as planned.
Old 06-06-2002, 07:19 AM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

You are stuck in a hard situation that only you can fix. Its apparent that you are having a seriously hard time getting over this girl. What do you miss most about her? The fact that you have someone there or is it something specific to her?
Old 06-06-2002, 08:05 AM   #3
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing Rice
You are stuck in a hard situation that only you can fix. Its apparent that you are having a seriously hard time getting over this girl. What do you miss most about her? The fact that you have someone there or is it something specific to her?

well its not that i miss her because i know she wasn't good for me. I guess its just that i miss having a girl there, over 8months i had one there all the time now it feels wierd not to.
Old 06-06-2002, 09:05 AM   #4
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

If its companionship that you miss then try to find someone else to fill that spot.. I know that easier said then done but I think itll be the only thing to help you since your other things dont seem too.

Since its not her that you still attached to then it shouldnt really make things weird.. You just miss the conversation, and the touch.. Not the actual person..
Old 06-06-2002, 11:12 AM   #5
Whiteclipse99
4th Gear

This is something almost everyone goes through. And over time we learn to move on. It may take you longer than others, but it does get better....I promise, I speak from experience. From the sounds of it, you don't really miss the person as much as you miss the companionship. Friends I think are always good for these type situations, they help get your mind off of it. You just have to try and stay positive, and eventually you'll meet someone. As someone once said "Good things come to those who wait".
Old 06-06-2002, 03:18 PM   #6
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
This is something almost everyone goes through. And over time we learn to move on. It may take you longer than others, but it does get better....I promise, I speak from experience. From the sounds of it, you don't really miss the person as much as you miss the companionship. Friends I think are always good for these type situations, they help get your mind off of it. You just have to try and stay positive, and eventually you'll meet someone. As someone once said "Good things come to those who wait".

well i hear ya but theres nothing like a woman's touch. I know a girl who is my friend can't be in that role. I'm not talking about sexual touching either. just when your girl runs her hand through your hair or when your walking and the two of you just seem to find eachother's hands..... oh the pain!

well off for another drive! dunno if its helping but it passes the time!
Old 06-07-2002, 07:04 PM   #7
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:
Originally posted by Whiteclipse99
Friends I think are always good for these type situations, they help get your mind off of it.

See the thing is you gotta have friends for these types of situations. Not just acquaintances. So many people get these 2 different groups confused. Only true friends that know you inside and out, front and back, will be able to help you get out of a slump. Agreed that girl friends won't necessarily do the trick of the touch...but hey it couldn't hurt. Get one of your closest girl friends and have her give you a massage or something. Even if she isn't one of your closest girl friends...just getting one is nice and takes your mind off things. Don't worry...things will get better. You know that you can always talk/vent to us on here and we'll listen/give you advice if you want it.

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 08:57 PM   #8
mt.biker

well thanks guys and gals for the input i've got something that i think is working.... i'll keep ya up dated
Old 06-07-2002, 11:37 PM   #9
juvenile

Well, I really don't know what to say here. I noticed a big difference in you also. Nothing in the eyes, they're still there....aren't you? lol
anyways, you are always quieter, not only online. In the car, everywhere. You talk much less, and at times, you blank out just thinking. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask, I'll try to help as much as possible.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:20 AM   #10
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by juvenile
Well, I really don't know what to say here. I noticed a big difference in you also. Nothing in the eyes, they're still there....aren't you? lol
anyways, you are always quieter, not only online. In the car, everywhere. You talk much less, and at times, you blank out just thinking. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask, I'll try to help as much as possible.

thanks bro I blank out?
Old 06-08-2002, 09:47 AM   #11
juvenile

Yeah, I look over when driving (and no I don't do this constantly either, just when there's no traffic up ahead ) and you might just be staring at somethign like my airbag, or your hand and have a blank look on your face.
Old 06-08-2002, 04:54 PM   #12
mt.biker

Quote:
Yeah, I look over when driving (and no I don't do this constantly either, just when there's no traffic up ahead ) and you might just be staring at somethign like my airbag, or your hand and have a blank look on your face.

ya i guess i am doing that a lot... oh well!
Old 06-08-2002, 05:46 PM   #13
juvenile

As long as you don't chant while doing that it's all good.

If the chanting begins though, I might have to use force.
Old 06-10-2002, 06:31 PM   #14
DsBlu01CivEX

Quote:

Rob...this is a true friend of yours...never loose him....k?

http://www.myspace.com/kenike
DsBlu01CivEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 06:49 PM   #15
mt.biker

Quote:
Originally posted by DsBlu01CivEX

Rob...this is a true friend of yours...never loose him....k?

k
Old 06-10-2002, 09:56 PM   #16
juvenile

Quote:
Originally posted by mt.biker

k

*cries* Thank you.
That was also really nice of what you did today.