::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > The Lounge Area > Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2003, 12:45 AM   #1
Wren57

Concert Report

Hey guys, Im really up right now, just got back from a concert... went with my girlfriend and a bunch of friends to see the Linkin Park concert. Of course there was crowd surfing, general craziness, etc. Taking the girlfriend wasn't the brightest idea, there were mosh pits everywhere and that is bad news for a sheltered private-schooled 105 pound 5'5" blonde 18 year old girl... anyways started out with blindside from sweeden, they were OK. Things got better with Xzbit, and then things got really crazy. Mudvayne was next, and damn if there weren't mosh pits in the entire crowd. I was doing my best to protect my girlfriend but fending off lots of huge people became overwhelming after like 5 songs so we had to get off the floor for a while so she wouldn't get hurt. And then, of course, Linkin Park came on to play. They kicked so much ass it was ridiculous. They played probably a dozen songs from their new and old albums, and the girlfriend and I got really close but stayed to the side. It was awesome, and I was glad she went, but I also had an itchin to get closer and into the action, but oh well, everyone had fun and stayed safe. If Linkin Park comes anywhere near your town, even if you don't really like them, BUY a ticket! It is so awesome, so much crowd participation and interaction. Damn I got a headache, ears ringing, its late and I'm tired and I can still formulate sentences... I need more music!!!
Old 04-13-2003, 12:49 AM   #2
juvenile

SWEET!!!
Old 04-13-2003, 12:52 AM   #3
ShEaNy

lol i love going to crazy concerts....even if i dont know the band to well..mosh pits rock.....i love throwing my 190ish around lol :P i almost freaking killed this kid by accident....I turned around to fast....hit him right in the mouth.... he falls back..somehow thinking grabbing my back(shirt) was the best idea for both of us and i fell on him lol...ouch......I dont TRy to hurt people but ya gota hold ur own....all in good fun
ShEaNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 04:53 AM   #4
Violent Apathy

Don't much care for Linkin Park myself...Tool, now that was a concert...

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Hunter S. Thompson, 1937-2005
Violent Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 08:34 AM   #5
Shot 2 Hel

I know a few people that were gonna go to that concert I dunno if they did or not but glad you had a good time
Old 04-15-2003, 06:44 PM   #6

highlander, i made a thread about their concert but they closed it.

mosh pit huh? i think those are stupid as hell, but oh well. it justs gives me another oportunity to smack some idiots while protecting my girl. aha.

btw, i'm going to the april 23rd one in washington. we all got the tickets for free.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:51 PM   #7
Wren57

sweet, that should be fun... who is opening for LP?
mosh pits are fun, but this time was different. I had my girl with me and was pissed off when these started this shit around her ... needless to say I got quite the adrenaline rush and fended off guys twice my size, and in front of her too... hehe...
how did you luck out on free tickets?
Old 04-15-2003, 07:26 PM   #8
TweaK

im seeing them in billings soon ganna be bad ass..
Old 04-15-2003, 08:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by highlander
sweet, that should be fun... who is opening for LP?
mosh pits are fun, but this time was different. I had my girl with me and was pissed off when these started this shit around her ... needless to say I got quite the adrenaline rush and fended off guys twice my size, and in front of her too... hehe...
how did you luck out on free tickets?

it's the same one you went to. projekt revolution. that's what you went to, correct?

were there seats or was it just a stand-up concert?

me and my friends got the free tickets from them, no joke. they came to our air force base(i don't live on the base anymore) and gave away 200+ tickets to the base, which us volunteers and community center teens got 26 of them.

btw, did you get anything signed?
Old 04-15-2003, 08:48 PM   #10
Wren57

Yeah, it was projekt revolution, its just sometimes the openers are different for different cities...

There were some seats, but being me I had to get down on the floor so we all went down there to actually experience the concert instead of just watching it...

I didn't get anything signed but a friend of mine caught a guitar pic!!!
Old 04-15-2003, 08:56 PM   #11
pimpinprelude

i love concerts i am going to music mid town.....uhhhhh 3 days non stop of music... these are the bands that are comming.....

FRIDAY

American Hi-Fi -- 7:30 PM
Unwritten Law -- 8:45 PM
Live -- 10:15 PM

SATURDAY

Revis -- 1:00 PM
Die Trying -- 2:15 PM
Angie Aparo -- 3:30 PM
Trapt -- 4:45 PM
Cowboy Mouth -- 6:00 PM
Evanescence -- 7:30 PM
Saliva -- 9:00 PM