::Hondas Wanted::

Go Back   HSTuners > Tech Talk > High Performance > Turbo
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2002, 02:50 PM   #1
Kryptonite

How do you increae the boost?

I got a greddy kit and i was wondering how do you increase the boost? Ive heard its safe to run 8 psi with stock internals and the kit comes at 5.5psi. Just wanted to raise it 2.5 psi.
Old 02-06-2002, 04:54 PM   #2
Racing Rice
Project Combat Honda

If you have upgraded your fuel and spark, and your car is tuned well you can probably run 8lbs of boost. You should get some type of boost controller. Manual ones are pretty cheap and easy to install. Do a search of the Turbo forum for Manual Boost Controller of the Turbo forum if you would like more information about them. Theyve been talked about many times.
Old 02-07-2002, 11:17 AM   #3
BlazinCrx

you can make a manual controller for like 5 bucks or you can just shim the waste gate, that should give you a couple extra pounds.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:08 PM   #4
VTC_CiViC

Whatever you do, don't mess with the actuator arm. People have a helluva time trying to get it back to stock after screwing with the arm. Do it right, get a good boost controller (manual or electronic, your choice), and go from there. I had one of those $5 do it yourself ones, I hated it, went with an Apex'i Digital AVC-R and I love it, but I won't lie to ya.. it's expensive!!
Old 02-07-2002, 04:35 PM   #5
thermal
Banning Machine

MBC can be ordered through www.importsparts.com
they carry the turboXS brand. or check out www.boostvalve.com
it is the same concept as the turboXS but not as fancy looking. it will run you around $70 at the most. i agree with VTC_CIVIC on the actuator arm. it is a very risky task......goodluck and keep us posted

Project Teg

Visit the Turbo Forum
thermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 04:28 AM   #6
MrCLoWnY

Also it is recommended that you have an intercooler when you boost 8 lbs. You'll probably want to upgrade your ignition like racing rice said.
Old 02-16-2002, 11:35 PM   #7
ajn

I made one of those 5 buck boost controllers. It worked really well for me. You just need to know how tight you need to make the spring. I had mine too tight once and I went for a test drive. I watched the boost guage spike to 12 pounds! Scared the hell out of me. Fortunately, nothing was wrong with the motor.

It has to be the best bang-for-the-buck mod you can do!

$5 = 25 whp!

good luck,

aj