Go Back   HSTuners > Honda / Acura Cars > Accord
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2002, 10:33 PM   #1
BizzlePizzle

Interior Painting...

hey guys!

this place has been helpful so far, so i figured i would ask a question. I'm painting my interior (95' Honda Accord) and wanted the best way to change the color of the dash. Should I buy a new one, paint it, or cover it somehow? I'm not sure where to go from here...

Also, I'm going to be installing a computer in my trunk and want to mount an LCD monitor in the center console. Does anyone know where to get custom console's? Or how to make a custom one?

Thanks!

-Bill
Old 05-23-2002, 12:49 AM   #2
azn_nite_ryder

majority of the people gets their dash dyed to whatever colour they want... some use paint... some wrap em... problem with wrapping is that it will eventually bubble and it'll look pretty bad... i'll post pics as soon as the interior is done....

as for consoles you can make whatever suits your needs... play with fibreglass with is your best bet but if you dont know how to use it then i suggest to take it to the shop... its wont be prety if you screw up your screen...

BTW... pls post interior stuff in the proper section....
Old 05-23-2002, 02:04 AM   #3
AcCoRd97Lx

whatever u do don't get white...my friend has it and it gets dirty as f*ck

wow never heard of installing a comp in the trunk...
Old 05-23-2002, 10:51 AM   #4
BizzlePizzle

great guys thanks alot! Sorry about posting in the wrong spot, i wasn't aware that there was an interior section . I'll post some pics when i get everything all finished!

Old 05-23-2002, 07:11 PM   #5
azn_nite_ryder

its bad for the comp to be in a heated trunk when its hot out.. i hope you dont plan on driving that car out everyday in the sun
Old 05-23-2002, 07:40 PM   #6
BizzlePizzle

LOL! no, I actually have a bunch of fans that are going to be going all the time. Hopefully it will all work out. Or maybe ill just drive my car at night
Old 05-23-2002, 07:48 PM   #7
spoogenet

Are those fans going to have access to the outside world? Problem with fans is that they require the ambient temperature to be cool enough, otherwise they don't do crap for you.

Just like you don't roll down the windows when it's 110*F outside....same principles of thermodynamics at work as a convection oven uses.

I've heard of comps in the trunk, usually as MP3 players....but beware, railroad tracks and other bumps don't treat hard drives very kindly, be prepared to replace the HD.

I'd have to agree about white getting dirty all the time, it's hard to keep clean. But it looks sweet.

b
Old 05-24-2002, 01:20 AM   #8
BizzlePizzle

Damn! You've got a killer point....thanks for raining on my parade..lol! I didn't even think of the hard drive crapping out! But thanks for brining it to my attention

I'll stock up on extra cleaning supplies because I hate having my stuff look dirty. That's a problem I'm willing to face cause i hope it'll look sweet!

Have you done any interior painting? Any pics?!
Old 05-24-2002, 01:38 AM   #9
rakugaki

lcd

i saw a custom console for about 200$ on ebay. It comes with the console, a 5.6 lcd screen and plexiglass cover. It looks pretty good to me:
the auction is here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1354402144

or you can just search "94 accord jdm" and i should show up...

Old 05-24-2002, 09:12 AM   #10
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

mah first question: how do u dye stuff ? i really wanna do my door panels black.

and for the hdd question: aren't the new drives able to withstand shocks up to 3-4 g's ?

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 11:58 AM   #11
BizzlePizzle

To dye stuff i bought this special spray paint from jcwhitney.com and it worked great! i would reccomend checking them out if your going to be doing stuff like that. The hardest part was removing the parts from the car. There are hidden screws all over. Just remember if there's any resistance look carefully for screws, it should just come right out with a little tug.

I think they do make hard drives to withstand a certain amount of shock, i just hope i can find one that will last in my car!
Old 05-24-2002, 12:02 PM   #12
BizzlePizzle

Hell yeah! That panel you have up there is just what im looking for. I came accross that add on ebay and emailed the guy. He said he buys them in bulk or something like that. So if my plan to make it out of fiberglass looks like shit ill hit him up