View Single Post
Old 07-16-2003, 08:32 AM   #5
VTEC n00b

I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, just making sure I fully understand.

So these guys with little N/A bolt-ons (less than +20hp) and these massive pipes are hurting themselves... other than a better breathing muffler (and for looks and sound...), it's better to not really mess around with your piping if you're interested in your lower end torque?

So would you say the only real time to start messing with huge diameter is if you do a bottom-up performance rebuild? ..pistons, cams, etc? ....and of course when running boost?

I was apparently taught wrong before, so I'm sucking up as much info as humanly possible. I just want to make sure I know what I'm hearing on the road driving past me and why..heheheh

My Saturn's exhaust resonator went bust a while back, and my shop did me a Ravin muffler and 2.25 pipe for the same price - they always hook me up when possible. I have nothing done to the car. I did notice at higher speeds (80mph) that my RPMs dropped by about 500, but I do seem slower off the red lights. Am I paranoid, or does that sound similar to what you're saying?