View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 09:57 AM   #6
ebpda9
Repost Wagon

well i agree with all it's been said before. if you come here learn the language, so you can deal with with you. i know they won't come here speaking a perfect english, and what not, but after 2 years of living here they should be able to speak it pretty fluent, even thou they will have an accent. but the deal with forcing the southern states to learn spanish because 1/5th of the mexico's population is absolutely ridicoulous. i can speak romanian ( my first language) and fluen english ( yeah i still have an accent that i will never be able to get rid of) but why the hell do i have to learn spanish too ?

as for using your own language in your community there is nothing wrong with it. no one is forcing you to speak spanish or whatever when you are in your own commnunity, but give me a break because i don't wanna learn spanish too.

I think the deal with it god we trust is that the constitution specifies the separation of chuch and state, and that motto doesn't quite show it. i, sincerely, could care less about it, because i am not too much of a religious person.

ebpda9 is offline   Reply With Quote