View Single Post
Old 06-13-2002, 12:36 PM   #1
spoogenet

Exhaust....which performs/sounds best?

First off, what I'm looking for/my application. Looking for a more powerful daily driver that has more pep that stock. I don't plan on blowing or bottle feeding, I don't race. I want to remain 100% street legal (except maybe CA.....). Don't want to empty the pockets, but I want quality parts.

Next up, performance. I'm getting an intake soon, then plan on getting an exhaust, then maybe headers later on. Should I get cat back or axel back? Which exhausts give the best performance, and which give the most bang for the buck.

Finally, sound. I don't want it to sound like a tight ass farted in a Folgers can. I'd like something with a deeper "throaty" sound. Know what I mean, Vern? My bro used to have some kind of Konig exhaust he got about 4 years ago, I think it's the bullet, probably the best sounding one I've heard on the Accord....but I checked their site and the only one they offer for Accord these days is the dual exhaust cat back. I don't want a 2 foot tip. I'm looking for single exhaust, not dual.

I think the better looking ones are the Konig bullet (or any similar looking bullet) and the Tanabes....I think Tanabe has a Hyper something or other for the Accord....

b