View Single Post
Old 08-12-2002, 10:04 AM   #2
quik

Depends on what your starting with. If it's a 1.6 DOHC you'll spend alot of $$$ for the HP's The easy bolt on stuff, I/H/E will add a few ponies but nothing like a turbo for the same $$. To really get the power you're looking at CAM gears, CAMS, FPR, and many other abbreviations that I don't care to mention. But, you better know what you're doing and have access to a dyno or your wasting your time.

If your starting with a 1.6 SOHC FORGET IT!!! Turbo all the way. I/H/E are a waste of time. I know, I have them and regret it. There is no way I could keep up with a EX turbo who spent just a few more $$$ than I did. The good thing about the 1.6 is it can take up to 10 psi boost STOCK all day long with no worries. At least that's what I've read in SCC, and a few other places. A turbo EX running say 8 psi (let's stay on the safe side) would smoke me any day and you could get there for around $1300.00.

My advice is to start reading everything you can, and make an informed decision. Don't just take my word for it. Check out the bolt on stuff and the claims, same with the turbo. Good luck.

Quik