View Single Post
Old 11-16-2002, 11:28 PM   #28
Tchad

"yes.. 1986 GN..
RC's challenge is great.. but it doesnt consider the sound intensity to purtiy relation. Also when I asked him how the test was done, he said its with a single test tone (sine wave). Now why do you think he wouldnt do it with acoustic recordings or even a variety of test tones??

> You could take a really high power jesen and a 50w brax, and they would sound the same up to the limits of the brax! Dont beleive me then take 10K from RC. Also its not a test tone ! You are asked to compare the amps when they are playing music! Test tones are infact easier!

At a moderately low intensity, a Helix will sound pretty close to a Jensen. But turn up the volume, to compensate for an average human's hearing deficiency, and realize the marvels of high fidelity.
>As above.

If you think the amp doesnt have much to do with the dirtier sound at higher intensities, well you should probably keep thinking.
> Again it comes down to power.

This thread was originally about 4ohm vs 2ohm configs..
4 ohms is cleaner. And in theory (in reality as well!!)..
You guessed it, 8ohms will be even cleaner!

> Whats your reasoning on that one ? IMO it wont matter to our ears! Let me go to RC on this thread "holy cow!!!!!!!!talk about folks commenting on a subject they have no clue about!!!!!!!...............RC"

But enough with the chatting.. Experimentation is the only sure way to go."