View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 10:09 PM   #106
Addict
Zoom-Zoom

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike98Neon
What have I not backed up with articles or reputable websites?

Quote:
By that I mean power producers. Higher HP/Torque. It's well known that Honda makes a reliable engine, that's not the discussion, the discussion is power. Yes, I think that the 420a can generate more power than a b series engine.

Quote:
Well first off it's not plastic, it's a composite, just as strong as an alloy but lighter.

Quote:
Need proof that the exhaust manifold in front is not a wonderful idea? Imagine an engine as an air pump. The more efficiently air is inducted, then expelled, the more power you can create. So in looking at a Honda engine, the exhaust is in the front, this makes the expelled gasses have to travel farther and with more bends. More bends, slow the air down creating additional backpressure. Too much backpressure is a bad thing, too little is also bad

Quote:
Neon: air is taken in at the front, the intake manifold is also at the front, and the exhaust is to the rear. This is one of the many reasons the 420a is a better design then a good majority of Honda engines that are powerplants in the same classes. It's just logic.

Quote:
It'd take alot more than 4k to get a prelude even with an h22 to get into the same time bracket with only engine mods and pump gas and be a reliable daily driver while still paying for "family sedan" insurance.

I think that's all.

I wasn't calling you out on that stuff. You said it yourself. Not me.