View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 08:11 AM   #68
Mike98Neon

Well, given that the writers for an internationally recognized automotive magazine owned by the largest automaker in the world are professional drivers, and every single one of us here (including myself) are not. I would trust their reporting a bit more than the predominantly ignorant comments of the participants of this or any other forum, (including myself). There are several internationally recognized authorities in the automotive publication world (and I'm sorry, SCC and Honda tuning aren't among that group) that have done articles on the performance ability of the neon. Magazines such as Motor Trend, Car & Driver, and Hot Rod magazine. None of which would have given a FWD compact the time of day. Keep in mind that the neon was first to be covered from that segment. GM got all in a tizzy over Len Ayalas 10 second street legal neon that they answered back with their ecotec monstrosity. It only took a budget of $43,000 to get that 4 banger into the 8's. Len Ayala about 9 grand, and alot of it his own money. Next?