View Single Post
Old 10-20-2002, 12:25 PM   #51
HoLun

I have a 95 neon brought new from the dealer in 95, fast foward to today, the neon got bad brakes (leaky wheel and master cylinders), replaced rack and pionion, paint starting to chip off the body, headlight starting to fog up because its cheap plastic and it cause 200+ each at the dealer for replacement (holy sh!t), Replaced Cat converter, and the PS pump is making noises now.

and my 91 Prelude, not thing wrong with it except the AC nob in the console fell off.

There are some good things about the neon, The stock stereo is awsome compare to other stock units, the sheet metal seems very thick.

also the neon suspension is ass compare to my prelude, may be because I am compare to a sports car... Working under the hood is an ass also, every thing is so cramped together, changing the light bulb is out of the question if you have big hands...

some economy car does make it to the classics, the 60's Ford Falcon is an example, I love classic cars.

I dont hate neons, I have one, It was good when it was new, but afte all these cocky neon owners show up here flaming, I am starting to change my view.

dollar for dollar compare to some of the imports, the quality of the neon is piss poor. Yeah it have lots of hosepower, but what good does it do if the wheels falls off....