View Single Post
Old 07-03-2002, 01:27 PM   #2
VieT916

If you want to sound like a V8, run 2.5" cat-back exhaust piping with a 2.5" Borla Hemi universal muffler. I ran that setup on my old four-cylinder Accord, and it sounded MEAN. Seriously, everyone complimented me on how my engine sounded, and I shit you not, I was at a stoplight once next to this guy in a truck with his window rolled down. My car was idling normally but sounded really loud and good. He actually stuck his head out the window, looked at my front hood, and then looked at me, and he had this funny look on his face like, "Wait, I thought this kid's Accord was a four-banger." I highly recommend Borla mufflers on imports; generally, "domestic" mufflers tend to sound like crap on anything less than six cylinders (read: Flowmasters, Dynomax Ultra-Flos, and Magnaflows), but the Borla muffler I got -- the Hemi universal muffler -- sounded great ... it had an EXTREMELY deep, throaty growl at idle and just screamed "My four-banger can sound like a V8, too!" at WOT. I wish I recorded the sound back then, but I didn't have the equipment when I had the car. But just something to look into.