View Single Post
Old 09-26-2001, 11:29 AM   #11
2fcknfst

Both superchargers and turbos have benefits and disadvantages.

For instance, a guy (or gurl)who autocrosses and is in need of some extra power would benefit from the on demand power of a supercharger, rather than waiting on a turbo. They may also want nice, smooth power delivery over the entire powerband, rather than a huge spike.

If, on the other hand, you want serious top end power, you like to drag race, or run really hard on the open road, then go turbo.

The biggest problem with the JRSC is the fact that the kit MUST be sorted to every application. It really is not a true bolt on endeavour like most people are led to believe. On the other hand, once it is sorted, it is an extremely reliable source for extra power, want trash on your motor and can be built up to deliver a solid 10psi, with very little thermal losses.

I have a completely built B18C15R motor, high compression, big cams, the works. Without any cam tuning, my car put down 189 whp. I am looking at introducing a supercharger into the works to try and give me some more bottom end.

Now, in order to do this, I will be spending a great deal of time with some sort of after market stand alone computer in order to get the spark and fuel resolution I will need so that I do not blow up my motor.

Anything is possible; you just have to be willing to spend the time to make it work properly.