Thread: Wiring
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2002, 08:59 PM   #15
seanjuan

i don't listen to much linkin park but i have a very large and diverse music collection and have found a setup that is very good for it. it's a little smaller than what you are going for but this is the sh_t i would recomend.

Kenwood Excelon HU (alot of great features for adjusting sound and lots of power to run speakers off of)

Boss audio speakers (i have 6.5" in the rear and 5.25" components in the front, they sound great and are inexpensive)

Kenwood amp(s) they are very clean and provide alot of power

Visonik subs (i have one ten inch running off of a 150watt kenwood mono amp and it sounds great for any type of music)

you can find Visonik setups with multiple subs in Visonik boxes for a very good deal online

my whole setup cost around $600 and it is amazing
you could go bigger and easily stay under $1000

BTW
i wired mine up on my own, never done it before and it still sounds great, but i do agree that someone with alot of expeirence could make it sound much better
but you can save alot of money doing it yourself and it is pretty easy, just spend the time to make it look good and don't cut corners with wiring. spending extra for good wires makes a big difference

good luck

Sean