View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 12:41 AM   #21
illusion

What do you mean best? Best for normal people, or just best????

Best headunit? I'd say the denon DCT-Z1. Stepping down from there, maybe a Nak 45z, a sony cdx-c90, or maybe a nak c400, denon r1, pioneed P9. Most of those are pretty bland looking, but when you say best I usually think best reproduction quality.

Best drivers?? That's pretty subjective, it's all up to your ears. Rainbow Platinum, Focal Utopia, MB Quart Q, CDT Euro, so many choices. My preference for every day folks are CDT HD series, but that's jsut my personal taste.

Subs? WAYYYY too many to choose from, it all depends on your taste in music, and as mine changes quite frequently so does my choice for subs. IDQ, DD99xx, Brahma, Juggernaught, Solobaric, whatever sounds good to you and you get a decent deal on the. For now I have a pair of solobaric L7's in a HUGE ported unclosure(3.27ft^3 per sub, tuned in the mud). Aboslutely the best bang for the buck right now are elemental K series. Fantastic Sound, decent spl, and you can't shake a stick at the cost.(oh and krwheeler85, care to put a solobaric up against a DD, Maybe a Quad Juggernaught, or maybe a stroker, how about an atomic quad APX, how about a shocker extreme, hell even just a W7?)

Amps? this is another very subjective one. It depends whether you're looking for SQ or some RAW power. You could go insane with McIntosh Tube amps, celestra, cadence, US Amps, MMATS. For normal people, I like xtant, kicker, JL, soundstream, orion, phoenix gold, crossfire, a/d/s, , strangly enough audiobahn and earthquake stuff isn't bad(earthquake makes a serious run for competition amps), and can't forget memphis.

Interconnects? Kimber select hands down. Other than that it just depends on what color you get as the mid rung cables are all pretty close, I like Knu cables and wires for my stuff, although Moster comes in pretty close.

For sound processing I have to give notable mention to Audio Control. Love em...

It all depends how much money you are willing to spend and what you want to accomplish. I can put together a decent sounding system for less than a grand. I can put together a system that would give you permanant wood for about $5K, and for $20K you'd never want to leave your car