Thread: Cap questions
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 03:17 PM   #9
Non_Affiliated

Quote:
Originally posted by Civcity
Sounds like you have either done this before or you are an electrican

My understanding of parallel is when you wire it this way which ic negative to negative I believe then you are actually increasing the available amount of power right? Just my understanding I could be wrong!

I have a degree in electronics. That doesn't mean I know it all I just have some knowledge of the theories, and understanding of electronics.

But to Blind34_1 Question. Personally I have done this before. Measure your battery tray for length and width. Then find the maximum allowable height for a battery taking into account the Post height.

Now bring a ruler down to your local Wally world or Costco, or where ever. I personally wnt to Wall-Mart and spent $50 on a Group DT-1 Truck battery. It was 925CA amd 720 CCA with a 100 Min reserve capacity. I stuffed it under the hood of my old '80 accord. Which was quite the step up to the punny little battery that waws in there. Not to mention I Had a 60A alt. I ran a PPI A600 and PPI A204.2 toataling 800 Watts RMS, and Being Class A/B they drew quite a bit of current. Having that moster battery under the hood helped a bit in dimming lights. It didn't cure it but it was a decent alternative to a HO alt, considering that back then it would cost around $600 for a 150A alt for my car. Today HO alts. have become quite a bit cheaper.