View Single Post
Old 03-06-2003, 09:21 PM   #12
spoogenet

For the 6th gen Accord the CAI doesn't really add any real length to the intake system. In fact I'm pretty sure the CAI has a shorter length than the stock intake.

This being said, the pressure drop across the longer CAI will help to negate pressure increases due to colder air. The CAI shouldn't really reduce stock torque any but should increase horsepower if for no reason other than it is a much more direct path with a smoother pipe, i.e. lower airflow resistance. The short ram will suck in warmer air but also has a lower pressure drop across the intake which helps its performance.

Which is better for you? I dunno, try 'em both on a dyno and see what results you get.

I got a CAI, shoulda just left her stock, but I can't resist tinkering in some way or another. Now I'm when driving in the rain and try to avoid it if possible. It's probably better that I do try to avoid rain driving in the big TX anyways..... Texans with their jacked up duellies and mud tires slingin rocks at my windsheild.

edit: another typo....dammit, I should just go home and go to bed.

b