View Single Post
Old 03-04-2003, 09:58 PM   #40
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

Quote:
Originally posted by Redman
hey mx6gt its Zookinator from mx6.com!

bout time we get some recognition.. I am sick of some people on these boards who laugh at the 1st gen turbo 6s/probes.. they just narrow minded people who think Mustangs or Honda are god..

I'm not really sure what the point of this post was, except maybe to piss of Ford50forlife. If that WAS the point...mission accomplished. And yes, I'm the Mustang owner that actually praised the capabilities of these cars. But Ford50 is right...bone stock they suck. Sure, they're kinda quick but so is an SVT Focus and the SVT handles better. So you better plug your ears if you wanna stop hearing the laughter cuz it ain't going to stop. Is my Mustang "god"? No. But then again I don't see how an inanimate object could take the form of a diety...my car is not anthropomorphic. I also don't appreaciate you making assumptions about my attitude towards cars. I'm definitely a Ford man but I'm a fan of countless other cars. Why else would I slum here (unless, of course, I was a troll)? But I suppose, compared to your Civic, that my car is, in fact, "god". But it's the old, malevolent god...you know...the one that was always pissed and killed for shits and giggles. That's what kind of "god" my car is.

As for the matter of modding the car...any car can be made fast with the right mods. You didn't do yourself any favors by comparing those mods to those of a Mustang. Mod for mod a V8 would absolutely bury a Mazda 6 or a Probe. I know first hand the wonderous miracle of an engine swap and a turbo install. So, for your 300+hp and 400+lb/ft, in what probably took less time and using the same mods (swap and turbo) I've got 657hp and just a bit more torque. I don't have a calculator handy, but my incredible math skills tell me that's more than double the power. Now I'll bet you're saying "but your engine isn't stock". You're right. But I installed a T03/04 Turbonetics hybrid with a 2 core intercooler on a bone stock 5.0L engine in a '92 GT hatchback that now makes around 430hp (engine hp) and close to 500lb/ft. True, that's with tuning set to "kill" but it's quite a bit more impressive than 300+hp. I had that from a cam and intake swap and some head porting before I ever had the new engine or turbo. So who threw money away there. Hmmmm....

Cam...$250 w/ valve springs, seals, and retainers from Comp
Intake...$550 Holley Systemax
Porting...$350 at local shop
Work...Free...did it in my garage
Knowing you saved a shitload over the Mazda kid for the same power...priceless

I also seem a bit confused that you knocked Honda and own a Civic. Are you a self loather? Did you buy the Honda because you subconsciously wanted to punish yourself since you have such distaste for them? Who am I talking to now Sybil?

Now...Ford50forlife...one small request. Please don't ever EVER mention Bob Cosby's name in my presence. Scratch that...don't mention his name period. That man is a disgrace to Ford owners everywhere with his know it all attitude and the way he runs his site like a boot camp. I got sick of his "my way or the highway" bullshit years ago.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika