View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 10:31 PM   #5
GT40FIED
Best...mod...ever

I think it's mostly a matter of intelligence. Stupid people get into stupid races and make stupid choices. The problem is that most cities don't have tracks and if they do they're in horrible condition. The last time I was at our local track (it's been a few years) I was in the return lane after a run and both myself and the other racer got holes in our tires from crap left all over the lane. A brand new set of $150 slicks and one's got a hole. The track hasn't had any improvements other than repaving the pits in 8 years. On top of that, a big group of rich people who live within earshot of the track want it closed because apparently the once-a-month races are a huge problem. The next closest track is over an hour away. So yes, I race on the street. But if there's a car parked on the street or a car anywhere in sight then it gets called off. Generally we race in industrial parks at night so no one's around. I can handle hurting myself if it came to that...that's my mistake and I'll pay the price. But I won't let my mistake become someone else's problem. So just make smart choices on where and when you race.
1984 1/2 Mustang GT350 #842, Faster than you...nuff said

Anna Fan Club President/Dictator

Someday, in the event that mankind actually figures out what it is that this world actually revoles around, thousands of people are going to be shocked and perplexed that it was not them. Sometimes this includes me.

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell

Welcome to the new Amerika
GT40FIED is offline   Reply With Quote