View Single Post
Old 09-06-2001, 10:28 PM   #4
Ex-Tdo4

SUper CHarger?? Turbo Charger???

Speaking from personal experience, a Greddy Turbo Charger for a d16z6 motor makes way more power vs. a supercharger. My friend owns a 97 civic with a supercharger and he can't get his times any lower than a 15.2, yes traction is an issues as it is with any run, but anyone wanting to get a supercharger will be looking at times in the low 15 sec. range. Greddy Turbo on the other hand, with just a cat back exhaust and no other modification can yield times from 15.3 to 14.7 depending on weather and traction, Civics can handle boost up to 8 lbs and i know plenty of ppl boosting more than that. So if you want that 14 sec car that will give type R's a headache, go with the Greddy Turbo, it is very dependable and very reliable if you "maintain" it correctly. Im not siding with Greddy Turbo, im just speaking from personal experiece. If you decide to get the JRSC, yes it had no lag and very reliable, but im not sure you're gonna be happy with the money you spent. Hope that helps some of you guys out, that are debating the two. If you have any questions, just post them up, i'll try to answer them, and of course the moderators will do the same.