HSTuners

HSTuners (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shifting Gears - Off Topic Discussions (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   JDMCarBoy.com = Bastards (http://www.hstuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26330)

pdiggitydogg 04-08-2006 06:52 PM

JDMCarBoy.com = Bastards

Boy, this is familiar isnt it? Im tired of people stealing my pictures. And THIS guy has balls big enough to put HIS watermark on it! Wow...

Called him just now and demanded 10% of all profits made since, and in the future...or he has to remove it.
Oh, and get this, he uses all pictures for several different websites...

Seriously, how had is it to take pictures of your own shit out of the box?

sicones 04-08-2006 07:29 PM

whoa thats fucked up....

GT40FIED 04-08-2006 07:42 PM

Pat...you may have the most inadvertantly famous Honda on the entire internet.:D

Seriously...how many people have stolen pics of your car? I've lost count.

pdiggitydogg 04-08-2006 07:59 PM

:D Yeah tell me about it!
Well lets see...there was Robear racing, another guy that ran 2 sites, 3 or 4 ebay guys, and now this.
So 8 or so, not counting ones I havent seen.... Damn it all..

And the thing is, theyre not all selling the same parts. One sells the lip (or one that kinda looks similar), another sells fogs, another for mirrors, lights, etc etc....

JDMFantasy2k 04-09-2006 09:32 AM

holy fuck! i had no idea debra was so famous

KwikR6 04-09-2006 01:35 PM

Yup. Get money off him. He is using your car.

pdiggitydogg 04-09-2006 03:44 PM

You know, the more I look at the image, I remember that I DID put a water mark on the driver's side light....which you can see has been edited out.
Fuckers now Im pissed again

thermal 04-09-2006 10:57 PM

i got pwn3d too:

KwikR6 04-10-2006 02:10 AM

Holy fuck. that's retarded.

GT40FIED 04-10-2006 03:30 AM

Ok...here's what you guys do. Find out who hosts the sites and then write a strongly worded email or make a strongly worded phone call to the people running the site and tell them that if they don't remove the images, give you credit, or pay you a fee for using it (essentially royalties), you'll be forced to make a report to their ISP's abuse department. ISPs don't particularly like sites that conduct illegal activities since they can be held accountable as well once the problem is brought to their attention. And presenting someone else's intellectual property as your own is a big no-no. Taking further steps to evade protection measures (i.e. removing a watermark and using your own or "copyrighting" an image that isn't yours) is even worse. They'll basically be forced to comply with your demands or risk losing their source of income.

If you guys want any help finding their hosting companies and contact info, let me know. I'd be out for blood if someone did something like that to me.

thermal 04-10-2006 06:47 AM

I'm okay/ I sold that car already anyway.

pdiggitydogg 04-10-2006 07:40 AM

Im giving my new guy until tomorrow before I call him again...if he doesnt cooperate, then I'll take you up on ISP hunting Steve :yes:

pdiggitydogg 04-10-2006 03:19 PM

I decided I would send him another email...
Quote:

Hello,
Its Patrick again, regarding the use of a picture of my vehicle to sell your products.

You have received proof, that the vehicle and image belongs to me, yet I have not heard back from you, nor have you removed the image from your website. I know that you run the business out of your home, so in reality, normal business hours and days do not apply, you have had 2 days to comply with what I requested. So...

I'm just letting you know, that I am giving you until Tuesday night (4/11/06) to contact me, with either proof of removing my image or agreement to a paypal payment, before I go about contacting your ISP for illegal use of my vehicle's image to sell your own products. I will also conduct my own thorough search of your site for verification, if you choose to remove the image (which, I'm sure is the best move you can make).

It wasn't until yesterday, that I remembered and realized that I DID put my own watermark on the driver's side fog light, which was obviously removed (since quick editing left color and distortion on the lens and surrounding area). I have also saved a copy of the image you are using, as proof of your use, for when I contact your ISP.

Im sure now, that you can see that I am quite serious about this situation. I will not tolerate others making a profit off my vehicle.

Patrick

KwikR6 04-11-2006 01:20 AM

Right on brother. I hope you gets some cash.

thermal 04-11-2006 09:21 PM

Goodluck Pat!

pdiggitydogg 04-11-2006 09:35 PM

Mr Thieving Bastard took the image down. I am happy.

Next time, no warnings and no 2nd chances...Im straight up out for cash.

While Im at it....I bet some of the older members will recognize this ride

ebpda9 04-11-2006 10:53 PM

lol, slowej6

KwikR6 04-12-2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdiggitydogg
Mr Thieving Bastard took the image down. I am happy.

Next time, no warnings and no 2nd chances...Im straight up out for cash.

While Im at it....I bet some of the older members will recognize this ride

Wonder if Tom knows about that. I'll talk to him ASAP

pdiggitydogg 04-12-2006 02:22 PM

I bet he doesnt know at all...

KwikR6 04-12-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdiggitydogg
I bet he doesnt know at all...

I'm waiting to hear back from him.